Sunderland

Nobody

Guest Roger Kint

Always the potential for these guys to get shock results, as per any team - including ourselves.  Heh.

Don't forget their win at the Bridge, that helped them avoid relegation and brought Mourinho's undefeated home record to an end.

That win came after 90 mins of alamo type defending and a horrendous refereeing error gifting them the winning goal. 99/100 times they get beat. The only hope they have is a Champions knees up party and even then they would actually have to score :lol:

Everyone keeps talking like 5 points for Sunderland will definitely see them above us. Does everybody just presume its nailed on 4 defeats for us? Surely you couldnt pick 4 better games for us to finish the season and even though we are terrible and have Carver we should at least get a draw in one of the games :lol:

Everyone keeps talking like 5 points for Sunderland will definitely see them above us. Does everybody just presume its nailed on 4 defeats for us? Surely you couldnt pick 4 better games for us to finish the season and even though we are terrible and have Carver we should at least get a draw in one of the games :lol:

:yao:

The only reasoning I can find to justify predicting a possible win / draw is the fact that an 11 game losing streak would have offered fantastic odds back in February (Or whenever the fuck it was).

Its true, the upcoming fixtures are probably our easiest of the season on paper but we`re so shit I can see us rolling over for each & every one.

The only meaningful variable I could factor in to offer encouragement would be the impending return of  :papiss:

We'll draw one and win one IMO. Draw Leicester and beat WB.

I keep hearing this, same for west ham, but allardyce fucking hates us and is 10 times the manager carver is, and Pulis is also 10 times the manager carver is.

Both teams are clearly better than us if only by virtue of the quality of their respective managers, I just can't see where people think we're going to beat them from :lol:

I keep hearing this, same for west ham, but allardyce fucking hates us and is 10 times the manager carver is, and Pulis is also 10 times the manager carver is.

Both teams are clearly better than us if only by virtue of the quality of their respective managers, I just can't see where people think we're going to beat them from :lol:

Tend to agree - with scarce little individual brilliance to bail the side out it's difficult to see Carver avoiding the 11 game losing streak. Maybe if Sissoko and Janmaat are both on form one game we can nick a 1-0 or a 2-1 somewhere against a similarly uninspired side.

Tend to agree - with scarce little individual brilliance to bail the side out it's difficult to see Carver avoiding the 11 game losing streak. Maybe if Sissoko and Janmaat are both on form one game we can nick a 1-0 or a 2-1 somewhere against a similarly uninspired side.

I'd say we might manage a point with a late equaliser or getting a goal then hanging on for them to equalise late but that'll be the extent of it I imagine, we're certainly not going to beat anyone.

I keep hearing this, same for west ham, but allardyce f***ing hates us and is 10 times the manager carver is, and Pulis is also 10 times the manager carver is.

I'd say we might manage a point with a late equaliser or getting a goal then hanging on for them to equalise late but that'll be the extent of it I imagine, we're certainly not going to beat anyone.

Ah the old, nick a goal and hang on for dear lives, worked wonders against Swansea! Cisse literally feels like the only person that could save Carver from 11 in a row. We can't score and we can't defend, we have to hope Cisse gets something from nothing like he did so many times for Pardew.

I keep hearing this, same for west ham, but allardyce f***ing hates us and is 10 times the manager carver is, and Pulis is also 10 times the manager carver is.

Ah the old, nick a goal and hang on for dear lives, worked wonders against Swansea! Cisse literally feels like the only person that could save Carver from 11 in a row. We can't score and we can't defend, we have to hope Cisse gets something from nothing like he did so many times for Pardew.

I wasn't saying it was a tactic we should use or rely on like :lol:  On the other hand Pardew has coached the mentality into them for years, I'm not sure they're capable of anything else at this stage.

I wasn't saying it was a tactic we should use or rely on like :lol:  On the other hand Pardew has coached the mentality into them for years, I'm not sure they're capable of anything else at this stage.

:lol: I wasn't having a pop at you, it's our tried, tested and failed approach for every game, at least Pardew was 30% effective with it rather than Carver's 0% what was that definition of insanity again? (Rhetorical)

Absolutely grim as fuck discussing how we could possibly manage to wangle a point or a win somehow, any which way, against a side in the same division. No club should have to entertain the notion of losing 11 off the bounce to end a season. Imagine another club managing to take none of the last 33 points of a league season, you'd laugh your tits off at them.

This is where we are. This is what we've been reduced to. It's fucking shameful. It's disgusting.

If they lose this weekend we're safe. You can already write off them getting anything away to Everton, Arsenal or Chelsea leaving just 3 points against Leicester.

They went to Everton and Chelsea and won last season. Everton were unbeaten at home and Mourinho had never lost in the league at Stamford Bridge. After last season I'd never write them off until it's mathematically impossible because they've got this knack (and a bit of luck) of winning when they desperately need to.

If they lose this weekend we're safe. You can already write off them getting anything away to Everton, Arsenal or Chelsea leaving just 3 points against Leicester.

They went to Everton and Chelsea and won last season. Everton were unbeaten at home and Mourinho had never lost in the league at Stamford Bridge. After last season I'd never write them off until it's mathematically impossible because they've got this knack (and a bit of luck) of winning when they desperately need to.

Yep. Also, it's difficult to predict results this time of year, as motivation is a huge issue. How motivated will Everton be, with really nothing to play for, Chelsea having secured the league ? Arsenal is the only banker loss for me on that list, but even then we've seen plenty times Arsenal not win games you would expect them to.

Who is their other game against, they have 5 left I believe ?

Yep. Also, it's difficult to predict results this time of year, as motivation is a huge issue. How motivated will Everton be, with really nothing to play for, Chelsea having secured the league ? Arsenal is the only banker loss for me on that list, but even then we've seen plenty times Arsenal not win games you would expect them to.

Who is their other game against, they have 5 left I believe ?

They've got Southampton, Everton, Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea to play.

Different team this year. This team have no fight.