Sunderland

Nobody

Finished 17th last year, their 3 best players were Mignolet, Rose & Sessegnon who have all now gone and have been replaced by what would appear to be a cartload of random shite.

Looks like it's going to be a race to the bottom again this year in NE football.

was fletcher not one of their best players like?

A lot depends on how Di Canio handles the inevitable defeats coming their way in the next few games. If he keeps going mental he'll lose the dressing room which will put them right in the shit. Still think they'll stay up, though. Fletcher is pretty class.

The thing is with the mackems, when they are losing games and looking really fucking shit, they somehow pull out a total surprise result and calm things down. Man City at xmas time a couple of seasons back, and against us (and Man C again IIRC) last season.

Hopefully they don't do it this time, as their next 4 fixtures look tough.

They're more likely to go down than we are imo.

Hope so, we just need two others in that case.

Surely one of Palace are Hull are gonna go? I think Cardiff will be fine. Don't really rate West Brom and, by all accounts, Fulham were horrendous against us at the weekend.

I think we'll be fine anyway, but if we do need to pray for salvation via other shit teams - I think there are several candidates whom may save us.

Hull's the next home game, isn't it? Honestly... two home games against them in recent years, two defeats, both of which I was present at with my Hull-supporting mate. I pray to God that we win that one.

Guest icemanblue

Indeed. It's like arguing who put in a better performance in a version of Hamlet with an all-Down's Syndrome cast.

what a shite line.

Aye, fucking shite craic, that.

Saying any club is has more than a chance of relegation, in September, is just daft.

It's more their run from now until the beginning of November, though.

Sunderland v Arsenal Sat 14 Sep

West Brom v Sunderland Sat 21 Sep

Sunderland v Peterborough    Tue 24 Sep

Sunderland v Liverpool Sun 29 Sep

Sunderland v Man Utd Sat 5 Oct

Swansea v Sunderland Sat 19 Oct

Sunderland v Newcastle Sun 27 Oct