Sunderland

Nobody

I doubt she'd stay with him just for the money as she clearly comes from a wealthy background. It's more likely she was trying to stay with him for the baby. Massive leap to call her a money grabber etc.

I feel sorry for her and the baby, they're both innocent victims.

Is the correct answer. She's going to be tarnished for life through no fault of her own.

She's accompanied him to court almost every day hasn't she? Father of her child or not she's got no obligation to show such solidarity for the filthy little worm.

She hasn't accompanied him since the first day.

She was there the first few days wasn't she?

So there's no more defence witnesses?

One thing that strikes me if the alleged conversation was between 30 people in the team dressing room around the legal age of consent, why have none of the first team been called as witnesses to corroborate this conversation taking place?

As a key part of the prosecution case he has in no way been able to back his story up.

The defence strategy has clearly been to plant a seed of doubt. There's a small seed but based on the reported facts he sounds guilty to me.....

Johnson said in his defence that his former colleagues have refused to come to court to support him.

Funny that the defence took out the court orders against those children to testify but failed to do so to bring these footballers to court to back up his story.

I doubt she'd stay with him just for the money as she clearly comes from a wealthy background. It's more likely she was trying to stay with him for the baby. Massive leap to call her a money grabber etc.

I feel sorry for her and the baby, they're both innocent victims.

Is the correct answer. She's going to be tarnished for life through no fault of her own.

She's accompanied him to court almost every day hasn't she? Father of her child or not she's got no obligation to show such solidarity for the filthy little worm.

unless he's  done a deal with her to be by his side, say nowt and you'll get a good wedge?

no other reason imho

The 'You felt very turned on' text is dodgy af, could quite easily be interpreted as referencing the digital penetration.

Yep, that's the one thing of the hundreds of others that tips it for me. He claims its from the way they were kissing but that just doesnt make sense.  You wouldnt say "felt" from a kiss, 'seemed' or something would fit better.

Might just be the way he speaks though

Can we have a 'guilty' or 'not guilty' poll added to this thread?

Might be in bad taste but would be interesting like :lol:

Remembering it is "beyond all reasonable doubt" in a court of law.

No one would and it'd be 100% guilty.  I've followed every day closely and I'm not sure

This thread is a shameful pit of obsession. As if you'd all rather he actually badly physically abused the girl rather than be not guilty.

The lass herself is saying he abuse her, I don't think wishing for an innocent verdict is going to make her feel any better about it..

The 'You felt very turned on' text is dodgy af, could quite easily be interpreted as referencing the digital penetration.

Yep, that's the one thing of the hundreds of others that tips it for me. He claims its from the way they were kissing but that just doesnt make sense.  You wouldnt say "felt" from a kiss, 'seemed' or something would fit better.

Might just be the way he speaks though

This. He also said something along the lines of 'it wasn't bad was it?' which again suggests something happened, as it's not something you would say after just kissing someone. Asides from everything else he has admitted to, those two things would make me think he was guilty if I was on the jury.

This thread is a shameful pit of obsession. As if you'd all rather he actually badly physically abused the girl rather than be not guilty.

That's just bollocks by the way, he has already pleaded guilty to grooming, it's the hottest football topic, this is a football forum and it's highly relevant to the area.

I think the bit that I've put in bold is the main point there tbf.

We'd not rather anything you fruit, he's already admitted it, it just depends on the extent.

I'm not pointing at fingers at anyone in particular, but the thread has had that feel to it at times. That it's more about how it's bad for Sunderland than it is for the girl.

Sorry, bad quoting. That was aimed at Taylor.

Andy HughesVerified account

‏@SkyAndyHughes

#AdamJohnson defence finishes its case.

3:29 AM - 26 Feb 2016

"I rest my case."

"You rest your case?"

"What? Oh no, I thought that was just a figure of speech. Case closed."

Pros Kate Blackwell QC is now giving closing speech. "#AdamJohnson has lied, lied and lied again".

AdamJohnson is a man who "had more money than it was possible to spend" who "was used to getting what he wanted".

AdamJohnson is a "self-confessed arrogant man" without honour.

Miss Blackwell says case is "classic case of grooming by a man almost twice his victims age".

AdamJohnson was "well aware" of the trouble he was in, which is why he deleted messages and lied to girlfriend and police.

"arrogant" #AdamJohnson had glittering career, beautiful wife, handsome mansion,  and "more money that possible to spend."

"all the make-up and sparkly dresses" cannot mature the "young soul" of the victim."

"victim "deserves to be cut some slack". Points out that at 15 "She is not a child, neither is she a woman".

Miss Blackwell pours scorn on claim #AdamJohnson has a "sudden epiphany at the time he was whipped up into a frenzy of excitement".

johnson engaged in "explicit discussions time after time with other women" behind back of girlfriend Stacey Flounders

AdamJohnson msg "you seemed turned on" say "is referring to how he felt when he put his fingers inside her"

"Ladies and gentleman by his own admissions Adam Johnson is not a man of honour. It's the prosecution case that he has not faced up to his responsibilities and he has demonstrated that he lacks integrity through his dealings with the girl, through his dealings with Stacey Flounders and through his dealings with the courts. He is a self-confessed arrogant man who throws himself at your mercy and asks you to accept that his contrition for what he has done is genuine.

But we expect you have seen through his transparent cloak of rectitude. It doesn't take much to lift the material and peek inside and see what a dark core is inside. He had everything, a career, a beautiful girlfriend, handsome home, healthy new baby daughter. What did he do? He cheated on his girlfriend, lied to her and manipulated her in way that shows his exceptional duplicity.

He was someone who was used to getting exactly what he wanted and he wanted the girl from the moment he began to see her. He gradually manipulated her. A man almost twice her age who consistently brought the WhatsApp conversation round to whether or not she was going to be forward with him.

He claims he stopped short of what had been planned, what he had for many many days desired and coveted. He suddenly and without warning pulled himself out of the passionate clinch with her as he remembered his partner and child. This claim is preposterous.

Adam Johnson is someone who had a wealth of experience sending flirty messages to a lot of women and talked to the girl in exactly the same way. He is a man who has lied and lied again. As you have heard, he was deceitful and manipulative with his partner throughout the recent months of their relationship. He lied to the police upon his arrest and on the way to Peterlee Police Station when he told them that he had only given her a couple of shirts. He lied to his girlfriend about the girl's age when she asked him. He lied to the police that there were never any arrangements for them to meet up on a third occasion. He lied to the police when he told them that he had no sexual feelings for the girl.

These are all lies that he admits telling but it's the prosecution case that in addition to telling those lies he continues to deny that he went any further than a kiss. It's your test to decide if you are sure that he went further.

He is a man of more than 28-years-of-age. Would he have gone to all of the trouble that he did for a kiss. He knew what trouble he would be in, and he knew it was wrong. Every single trace of his contact with the girl was removed from his phone. He knew immediately who it was when he was arrested by police. He was even able to give them her name. When in interview at the beginning you will remember he wasn't even sure whether a kiss amounted to sexual activity or not.

All the make-up and sparkly dresses in the world can't mature the soul inside the girl. While she thinks she knows it all, she's got so much to learn. From flirting with a much older man to engaging in rude messages to swearing with her friends to meeting up with Adam Johnson. This kind of behaviour is to be expected from a 15-year-old. She didn't have any devious intent in bringing this case to court. The image of her sobbing on her father's knee and telling him she wanted to kill herself was not the scene of a girl scorned."

Guest firetotheworks

It's really not our place to say why she's going to court or not like. Get over it man, it's her decision and without knowing the reasons for it (which are none of our business) there's nothing to judge.