Sunderland

Nobody

Didn't the PFA lobby Sunderland to get Johnson reinstated in the first place?

The PFA has got too big for its boots. I can't see a normal employment Union banging on about the rights of an employee charged with a serious crime.

Guest Open_C

PFA will presumably have pushed for him to be unsuspended and allowed to train and be paid, which is what you would expect a union to do. I can't imagine they had any involvement in him continuing to be selected to play in the first team, though. FA/Premier should have done something about it as well, and they also have questions to answer imho.

Quite surprised the media have gone after SAFC so quickly, and so firmly.

Lets hope the pressure stays on them, and this goes all the way to the FA and/or Premier League.

Certainly, Durham Police comments today appear to show the club blatently lied yesterday about what they knew, and when.... and they still unsuspended and reinstated AJ to their squad.

PFA will presumably have pushed for him to be unsuspended and allowed to train and be paid, which is what you would expect a union to do. I can't imagine they had any involvement in him continuing to be selected to play in the first team, though. FA/Premier should have done something about it as well, and they also have questions to answer imho.

I thought he was suspended on full pay?

There was no reason for the PFA to get involved like they did.

Johnson is probably just the tip of the iceberg to be honest, the game past and present is probably awash with mini-Savilles.

Depending on the aftermath the floodgates could open for another scandal

I'm stunned that there hasn't either been another statement from the club, or a person or people haven't been sacked yet. The longer it drags on the worse it gets, surely they can see that?

I thought the SAFC statement was bad enough but that one from the PFA is just waffle.

I know it's not really a laughing matter but I do have a chuckle at some of the posters on here calling for a points deduction  :lol:

I'm stunned that there hasn't either been another statement from the club, or a person or people haven't been sacked yet. The longer it drags on the worse it gets, surely they can see that?

I thought the SAFC statement was bad enough but that one from the PFA is just waffle.

I know it's not really a laughing matter but I do have a chuckle at some of the posters on here calling for a points deduction  :lol:

Why though? Your chief exec had a copy of 834 messages of Johnson grooming and talking about their sexual acts, and knew that Johnson had confessed to kissing the victim and then let him play for almost a year.

The club should be kicked out of football. No place in the game for a club that harbours paedophiles for their own gain or supporters who glorify it by chanting his name.