Arouna Koné

Ishmael

My best guess is he prefers Everton (understandably) and would only be tempted to join us if we offered a lot of money.

I'm not bothered about this. I don't think he's that great.

Agree. NUFC matched his release clause so NUFC were allowed to talk to him. He either didn't want to talk to NUFC as he has already decided he wants to follow Martinez to Everton (who finished last season in 6th compared to our 16th) or he wanted more money than we wanted to pay him.

My best guess is he prefers Everton (understandably) and would only be tempted to join us if we offered a lot of money.

I'm not bothered about this. I don't think he's that great.

Agree. NUFC matched his release clause so NUFC were allowed to talk to him. He either didn't want to talk to NUFC as he has already decided he wants to follow Martinez to Everton (who finished last season in 6th compared to our 16th) or he wanted more money than we wanted to pay him.

...or we're just trying to lower aston villas asking price on Bent..

This is the first year I couldn't give two fucks about the transfer window, completely lost interest in what we do. Probably still the layover from last season and accentuated by JFKs arrival.

Saw Mbiwa and Haidara in Waitrose earlier, Mbiwa isn't that big for a centre half.

This is the first year I couldn't give two f***s about the transfer window, completely lost interest in what we do. Probably still the layover from last season and accentuated by JFKs arrival.

Saw Mbiwa and Haidara in Waitrose earlier, Mbiwa isn't that big for a centre half.

Actually, the most solid news to come from the thread.....so which Waitrose? Eldon Square? Jesmond? Ponteland? What was he buying? Did they look 'nonplussed'? God Dam It THIS IS CRUCIAL

Yours, L Ryder

We just bid for him hoping the bid to be rejected, so JFK could reply to the media that he atleast tried. Must have freaked out when he was available and immediately stepped out of a potential deal.

Maybe I am putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, but no-one else think this'bid' maybe Darren Bent related?

The bid maybe used to force Villa to accept our valuation of 5 million, by showing we are willing to move on. However Ashley knew we never really had any chance of getting Kone as it was already nailed on he was off to Villa.

Or maybe the fact we pulled out means Villa have taken the bait  :anguish:......

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0y2er4VfJ1qztjn5o1_500.png

This is the first year I couldn't give two f***s about the transfer window, completely lost interest in what we do. Probably still the layover from last season and accentuated by JFKs arrival.

Actually, the most solid news to come from the thread.....so which Waitrose? Eldon Square? Jesmond? Ponteland? What was he buying? Did they look 'nonplussed'? God Dam It THIS IS CRUCIAL

Yours, L Ryder

Were they talking in French, or practising their English? If the former, AP will be tres disappointe.

Remy, Aubameyang, Kone and Bent. Are we doing our scouting on futhead? Probably see bids for Emenike and Welliton next.

Maybe I am putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, but no-one else think this'bid' maybe Darren Bent related?

The bid maybe used to force Villa to accept our valuation of 5 million, by showing we are willing to move on. However Ashley knew we never really had any chance of getting Kone as it was already nailed on he was off to Villa.

Or maybe the fact we pulled out means Villa have taken the bait  :anguish:......

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0y2er4VfJ1qztjn5o1_500.png

Try not to drink alcohol and take medication at the same time son  :iamatwat:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 3m

Would appear that #nufc are out of the race to sign Kone from Wigan. More in tomorrow's @EveningChron on striker search.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1618469/squidward-deflate-o.gif

From the Journal:

Everton fear Wigan chairman Dave Whelan wants to start a bidding war between the Merseysiders and the Magpies for a player who scored 13 goals in his first season in English football, and was a stand-out in Wigan’s FA Cup Final win over Manchester City.

How can there be a bidding war when the player have a release clause?  :lol: