The other games today - 2013/14

JH

That offside Sunlun "goal" looked onside at first glance, but looking at the back line I'm not so sure. Think the camera angle plays a part there.

Edit: they just replayed it from above. Even though the pundits think it's on I'm still not convinced. Looks like Giach's head is well further up the field than the Villa defender.

"Sunderland's reluctance to just hoof it anywhere has cost them" the commentator actually said this. A professional footballer not being able to control a ball going at a snails pace has cost them more like

That offside Sunlun "goal" looked onside at first glance, but looking at the back line I'm not so sure. Think the camera angle plays a part there.

Edit: they just replayed it from above. Even though the pundits think it's on I'm still not convinced. Looks like Giach's head is well further up the field than the Villa defender.

He was offside on the overhead view.

I've never seen a worse attempt to win the ball in the penalty area. Grim.

Looked bent as fuck to me from Pennant, just watched the whole game and he played like a mentalist after coming on. 4 fouls committed, booked and concedes a penalty.

He was clearly trying to hack him down as he just got inside the box, nothing was given, so decided to make sure.

I was surprised at just how much of a penalty it was. You're right as well, he was getting right stuck into our players, more than what you'd call general 'enthusiasm'.

Anyway, point is Stoke are still a bunch of total cloggers, but they did defend extremely well yesterday. Shawcross in particular was great.

I was surprised at just how much of a penalty it was. You're right as well, he was getting right stuck into our players, more than what you'd call general 'enthusiasm'.

Anyway, point is Stoke are still a bunch of total cloggers, but they did defend extremely well yesterday. Shawcross in particular was great.

Pieters' blocks all prevented goals as well, didn't they? Thought you deserved to win it on the balance of play.

We should have won it given how close we came on numerous occasions, but I guess in a similar way Stoke will say defensively they were superb and it's hard to argue with that.

What was telling was after Mirallas hit the woodwork twice, when Stoke went ahead you'd be suspicious of our players thinking "well, just not our day", but we dug in and basically battered them for the last 20 minutes, the odd counter attack aside.

Yeah, at least a couple of blocks were goal-saving ones from within the 6 yard box. As I say, some very impressive defending.

On another note, Lukaku was again awful. He can be so lazy when he's laying it off to someone, and indeed one such lazy pass directly led to their goal. I also fear Pienaar's time is coming to an end, lost the ball on countless occasions. Just not the same player he was a couple of years ago. Mirallas is also very frustrating, he has all the tools to be class IMO but often makes the wrong decision - e.g. when he's behind the full back, tamely crossing it 'somewhere in the area' won't cut it. Need to be sharper.

We should have won it given how close we came on numerous occasions, but I guess in a similar way Stoke will say defensively they were superb and it's hard to argue with that.

What was telling was after Mirallas hit the woodwork twice, when Stoke went ahead you'd be suspicious of our players thinking "well, just not our day", but we dug in and basically battered them for the last 20 minutes, the odd counter attack aside.

Yeah, at least a couple of blocks were goal-saving ones from within the 6 yard box. As I say, some very impressive defending.

On another note, Lukaku was again awful. He can be so lazy when he's laying it off to someone, and indeed one such lazy pass directly led to their goal. I also fear Pienaar's time is coming to an end, lost the ball on countless occasions. Just not the same player he was a couple of years ago. Mirallas is also very frustrating, he has all the tools to be class IMO but often makes the wrong decision - e.g. when he's behind the full back, tamely crossing it 'somewhere in the area' won't cut it. Need to be sharper.

I'm not convinced at all. His movement is still really bad. He's young and strong, but his fitness does not appear to be the best.

Sad to hear about Pienaar - was class with Baines on the left not so long ago. Hopefully just a dip in form.

Guest bimpy474

Winter break to stop tiredness

PSG v Real Madrid playing in Gothenburg right now  :icon_scratch:

Pretty sure its in Doha

Cheers you're right, I read the Sky message thing and it said Gothenburg, but that was referring to when they last met.

Should I take Lukaku out of my FF then?