The other games today - 2013/14

JH

If you told me we had 2 points from 2 games against Norwich and West Brom, I'd probably be fuming.

However, we've played some damn good stuff in both games and today was absolutely 'one of those days'. Foster was in unbelievable form and the woodwork just wouldn't fall our way.

Shit result, but plenty to be positive about. On another day we could easiily have stuck 5 past them and they would have no complaints.

If you told me we had 2 points from 2 games against Norwich and West Brom, I'd probably be fuming.

However, we've played some damn good stuff in both games and today was absolutely 'one of those days'. Foster was in unbelievable form and the woodwork just wouldn't fall our way.

s*** result, but plenty to be positive about. On another day we could easiily have stuck 5 past them and they would have no complaints.

Barkley is awesome! Been watching your match this morning. He has so much presence on the pitch and everything good seems to go through him. Also I think Jelavic is looking desperate out there. Been a while since he last scored?

I want to defend him because I like him, despite his crap form. It's getting harder and harder to defend him though. I think he still offers a fair bit even when not scoring but I'd be surprised if Kone doesn't start next week. Jelavic is a good player, I maintain that. That form in his first few months was no fluke.

Barkley is fucking class. Not bad for 19. Have a hell of a player on our hands, hope any mistakes he makes (and he will make mistakes) don't get to him and he learns from them, which I reckon he will.

We've played some very good stuff in the first 2 games, yes.

Too early to judge really. Not happy at all about not winning yesterday but at this stage, I'll put it down to "one of those days" which, in fairness, it most certainly was. If it starts happening regularly then it's a worry.

We had exactly the same problem last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Dominating games and not winning. Dropped a criminal amount of points in games like this in recent years. Dunno what it is, it's happened with different players.

We had exactly the same problem last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Dominating games and not winning. Dropped a criminal amount of points in games like this in recent years. Dunno what it is, it's happened with different players.

Enjoyable watching Everton play. Moyes seems to have left behind a really good team, but a bad defence. Martinez has definitely inherited a squad with far better capabilities than his Wigan one, and he's started well so far (from the Norwich game and some highlights of yesterday). His big challenge for me is to help Everton keep a meaner defence, which was his big criticism at Wigan really. Sadly, Moyes left behind a bad defence IMO (although with some talented individuals). Replacing Distin in the near future and building a defence around the new guy will be interesting.

We've played some very good stuff in the first 2 games, yes.

Too early to judge really. Not happy at all about not winning yesterday but at this stage, I'll put it down to "one of those days" which, in fairness, it most certainly was. If it starts happening regularly then it's a worry.

Well if it was just one of those days. I think Martinez will prove to be a far better manager than most in this league. What he did with Wigan was impressive, the consensus on here was that he wasn't good enough. I think he'll prove that lot on here wrong, just like he did at Wigan. A lot of people say he can't sign players and so on, but he basically only really had one or two bad signings at Wigan which cost decent money.

I think you guys will compete with Liverpool again which shows strength since they seem a much better team this year than last.

Not sure on that last sentence. I think Liverpool will pull closer to Spurs & Arsenal this season, while Everton will be drawn nearer by the likes of Swansea & Southampton.

We'll see at the end of the season I guess. ;)

Can't decide which one to watch today. Seen nowt of Cardiff so would like to see what they're all about. Might depress me if they look better than us, though and I really like watching Swansea. Hmm.

Can't decide which one to watch today. Seen nowt of Cardiff so would like to see what they're all about. Might depress me if they look better than us, though and I really like watching Swansea. Hmm.

One of the things I hate about us being so shit is that you can't root for the underdogs in games like this as we can't afford for them to be picking up points.

:weep: