The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I'm the only one who isn't that confident in Bayern then? 4/1 for Arsenal is ridiculous IMO.

:thup: Sometimes I play by prices. 4/1 for Arsenal to beat anyone in the world at home is too big.

I try to always back Barca every time they're evens or bigger simply because that price is too big for Barca to win any game of football.

I quite like Atletico DNB, don't trust them to go all out for a win at the San Siro though. Could be a good in-play one perhaps.

Unjustifiably or not, I've got this image of Milan, at home, being right up for it on big European nights. Atletico may well win, but I don't think they're especially good value (unlike PSG last night who were a similar price but great value).

As I say, 15/8 Costa anytime is a bit crackers. Nearly 2/1 for a man who has 26 goals this season, to find the net. Without even considering Milan's at times pantomime defence, it's good value.

Andy: you say 4/1 is too big and yeah it does sound big, but I'd say it's about right. Bayern have been beaten twice - once in a one-off Super Cup game vs Dortmund before the season started, and once at home to Man City in what was a dead rubber game for them. They've drawn twice - once at Freiburg, once at Leverkusen.

They've won every single other game. That's frightening. Records are there to be broken, but I think 4/1 is fair.

Tempted to put £30 on Milan/Draw as I feel they are more likely to get a result than Arsenal. Milan have a stock load of injuries and suspensions but like Neil said they are very good at home. I'm trying to cover the away teams bet if possible.

Flamini to get booked anytime should be a good shout.

I quite like Atletico DNB, don't trust them to go all out for a win at the San Siro though. Could be a good in-play one perhaps.

Unjustifiably or not, I've got this image of Milan, at home, being right up for it on big European nights. Atletico may well win, but I don't think they're especially good value (unlike PSG last night who were a similar price but great value).

As I say, 15/8 Costa anytime is a bit crackers. Nearly 2/1 for a man who has 26 goals this season, to find the net. Without even considering Milan's at times pantomime defence, it's good value.

Andy: you say 4/1 is too big and yeah it does sound big, but I'd say it's about right. Bayern have been beaten twice - once in a one-off Super Cup game vs Dortmund before the season started, and once at home to Man City in what was a dead rubber game for them. They've drawn twice - once at Freiburg, once at Leverkusen.

They've won every single other game. That's frightening. Records are there to be broken, but I think 4/1 is fair.

No doubting Bayerns prowess, but like I say I think getting 4/1 for Arsenal to win any home game is value and I reckon they'll be in the game for long periods so you should at least get a run for your money.

The Olympics have been a one big massive anguish. :lol:

Down ~€1.5k but been making good bets with a solid strategy and knew before hand that the variance is huge. The first day of the Olympics was the only good day. I have mostly bet on a Finnish bookie who offer changing odds depending on other people's bets on almost any event where you bet on the top 3 on right order. Then I've been comparing the odds with the biggest international bookies. Have got some great odds where the Finnish people have had different favourites to the other world but have just ran extremely badly.

Oh well, hope the World Cup is a bit better. :lol:

Just looking at Bayerns away record in past year or so, nuts man.

Tue 23/10/12 UCL Lille

0 - 1

Bayern München View events More info

Tue 20/11/12 UCL Valencia

1 - 1

Tue 19/02/13 UCL Arsenal

1 - 3

Wed 10/04/13 UCL Juventus

0 - 2

Wed 01/05/13 UCL Barcelona

0 - 3

Sat 25/05/13 UCL Borussia Dortmund

1 - 2

Wed 02/10/13 UCL Manchester City

1 - 3

Tue 05/11/13 UCL Viktoria Plzeň

0 - 1

Wed 27/11/13 UCL CSKA Moskva

1 - 3

Wed 19/02/14 UCL Arsenal

19 : 45

Bayern München

Despite all logic being against it, the tempting odds of 20/1 for an Arsenal/Meelan double have tempted me in. Feel like a sailor being seduced by a pretty little sea nymph into the rocks.

was tempted to do that myself, the bet that is...never been tempted by/seen a sea nymph. Sad face.