Paços de Ferreira 1-1 Newcastle United (FT) - post game discussion from page 33

RodneyCisse

Jonas is huge nowadays. Bulking up ruined him.

Improved second half.

I honestly don't know what you lot are on about. He's wide shouldered but there's nothing on him.

He's huge, man. He didn't used to be like this at all. Proper built.

Nothing on him ffs :lol: I'd maybe say that about Fergie.

Jonas is huge nowadays. Bulking up ruined him.

Improved second half.

I honestly don't know what you lot are on about. He's wide shouldered but there's nothing on him.

:lol: It's a matter of perspective. Only the Hulk himself would look built in your eyes.

Basically, Santon was mint, Gouffran was decent, Marveaux, Campbell and Vuckic had some alright late cameos there.

The rest were on a scale beginning at uninspiring and ending at full on atrocious. The worst of the bunch being Tiote, Sissoko, Coloccini, Elliot and Shola. Partial credit to Shola for the goal (which was the only thing he did right all night long) and to Sissoko for being played as a fucking right winger.

The inevitable Tiote implosion. Had a better second half apart from that.

Missed the first half so no idea if we played better or not. Was what I had expected from us though in terms of performance pre-season and a man down. Void of creativity. Debuchy and Santon got forward ok. Mbiwa looks classy most of the time. Didn't even realise Sissokho was on the pitch until he was subbed.

Liked Vuckic passion, unlucky not to score but he likes to hit the post.

Played better almost 100% better when Cabaye went off.

There was a semblance of a 'correct' formation after he went off.

Yup, from what I saw in the first half we were more or less playing with 4 centre backs given how deep he and Tiote were.

Full backs were canny when they didn't have to do bother with defending. Won't happen much in the league though.

Typical Gouff got injured. Looks our best attacker currently and now probs broken his foot or something :(

Think I saw him carrying his left foot off in his hand.  Will be a long lay-off if he has to reattach it.

Hard one to read with it being pre-season, us having this 'fatigue' training regime and the sending off. I thought Gouffran was good, he provides intelligent movement and that's pretty special with our current squad. Santon played well too.

As has been known for some time, we need at least 2 attacking options in, a striker and someone who can play wide left, too often we have possession of the ball but no idea what to do with it due to the lack of good players in the final third.

Typical Gouff got injured. Looks our best attacker currently and now probs broken his foot or something :(

Think I saw him carrying his left foot off in his hand.  Will be a long lay-off if he has to reattach it.

Thought he had taken Tiotes off in a fit of rage.. would have explained a few things.

Shola is going to start upfront in the season opener isn't he? He's doing it again.

Can someone investigate that oaf. This cannot be coincidental!

So many times, we had five men in our own half, passing the ball between them, without getting anywhere. We need players who can take and give the ball under pressure so that we carry some sort of threat going down the middle.

Tiote is holding us back. When he isn't giving the ball away, he's giving a nothing pass that doesn't begin to eliminate defenders.