Blackpool 0-1 Newcastle United (FT) post-match discussion from p12

RodneyCisse

Ben Arfa looked way off the pace against Pacos like, touch and movement was pathetic.

:thup:

Isn't that the point of pre season games though; to gain fitness?

Maybe they think he'd benefit more from a few days extra fitness work before playing against St. Mirren on Tuesday?

Obviously, I find it strange though.

This has been probably the most pointless pre-season I can remember. Poor results, poor opposition, no signings, same problems, poor fitness and bans.

So basically last summer with an extra suspension? :lol:

To be fair, at least now when they get left behind they've got that Downey lass to do some proper fitness work with them. I just imagine it's normally just Fat Derek making them do laps. :lol:

This has been probably the most pointless pre-season I can remember. Poor results, poor opposition, no signings, same problems, poor fitness and bans.

Not the most, probably on a par with every other hastily arranged pre-season we do (Last year, year before etc). Never seem to have a plan. Why don't we line up games against bigger teams, I just don't get it

To be fair, at least now when they get left behind they've got that Downey lass to do some proper fitness work with them. I just imagine it's normally just Fat Derek making them do laps. :lol:

and 10 push-ups in between :lol:

Not the most, probably on a par with every other hastily arranged pre-season we do (Last year, year before etc). Never seem to have a plan. Why don't we line up games against bigger teams, I just don't get it

Why bother? It's avoidable work.

I'm actually surprised we've got a home friendly this year - especially one that will probably end up costing money.

Pre season should be motivating, man. Imagjne the players faces

"Motherwell was shite, where are we going from Portugal? Madrid? Marseille? Asia?!"

"Nah like, we're gan up to play saint mirren after a game wi blackpool!"

"Then..."

"Back to scotland again, 2nd division team, will be mint like"

Guest hobshobs

"Motherwell was s****, where are we going from Portugal? Madrid? Marseille? Asia?!"

"Then..."

Lucky they got to Portugal given AP's dislike of Europe.

"Motherwell was shite, where are we going from Portugal? Madrid? Marseille? Asia?!"

"Then..."

But Wonga and Sports Direct man. Got to think of your priorities.