The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I'd say a defensive midfielder is heavily responsible for controlling the midfield through winning the ball and recycling possession.

Correct but Pardew's tactics don't allow Tiote to concentrate on just that. The amount of times he was the one on the edge of the oppo's box with Cabaye behind him was ridiculous.

Tiote lacks the discipline to protect the defence mate.

He charges up field trying to win the ball back.

Blackburn (a), 2011

"We've had enough excitement for one week and a football game like that was a perfect tonic." - a boring 0-0

Striker dilemmas

"If we're going to win games, Shefki (Kuqi) will play a part because he's experienced. I've got young strikers and sometimes they make bad decisions because of their youthfulness."

Everton (h), 2011

"We weren’t aware that Arteta would play that side and we just felt that [steven Taylor at right back] would keep us solid and give us a good balance to the team. So actually when I saw that selection I thought that probably worked well for us with Danny and Steven up against Baines and Arteta, but he caused us problems, he was on his game today, he put in a fantastic performance, Arteta, and it was difficult to contain him."  Danny Simpson on the wing ladies and gents

"I have to say that second half, going up the hill, was a fantastic effort by us and I’m proud of the players for that but that little bit of quality was missing today at times." - KICKING THE WRONG WAY

"I think we’ve just genuinely looked at every game as a game that’s winnable for us and we’ll believe that when we go to Stoke."

Wonder how that worked out for you Alan...

Stoke (a), 2011

"The shape of the team we changed. That worked to some degrees, to others it did not work for us... I don’t think Sol played poorly, he gave a good account of himself." Final score 4-0 to Stoke.

Liverpool (A) - 2011

"Jonas Gutierrez caused a lot of problems and they had to switch their full-backs to cope with him so we affected the game a little bit" - 3-0 loss.

Guest bimpy474

I'd say a defensive midfielder is heavily responsible for controlling the midfield through winning the ball and recycling possession.

Correct but Pardew's tactics don't allow Tiote to concentrate on just that. The amount of times he was the one on the edge of the oppo's box with Cabaye behind him was ridiculous.

But that's where the manager steps in and tells him not to, or drops him if he takes no notice. For me it's our tactics and he's not being told to sit in front.

Guest reefatoon

The rain could play a part, as they might have had to train on the indoor pitch, which would be no good for his tactics with that roof being in the way.

But that's where the manager steps in and tells him not to, or drops him if he takes no notice. For me it's our tactics and he's not being told to sit in front.

I'd tend to agree but you can never tell with Pardew and his tactics.

He refuses to drop any of his favourites

The rain could play a part, as they might have had to train on the indoor pitch, which would be no good for his tactics with that roof being in the way.

Shouldn't matter where we're training we're having an easy week anyways.

"Pardew, though, has toned down his sessions this week as he looks to finish the season on a high.

Rather than intensity, Pardew will focus on team shape as he looks to first send Cardiff down, then upset Liverpool’s title bid.

He said: “From now until Cardiff we won’t be doing much. A bit of team play and just saving our legs.

“As important as the game is for Cardiff, it’s important for us.” "

Guest reefatoon

"Pardew, though, has toned down his sessions this week as he looks to finish the season on a high.

Rather than intensity, Pardew will focus on team shape as he looks to first send Cardiff down, then upset Liverpool’s title bid.

He said: “From now until Cardiff we won’t be doing much. A bit of team play and just saving our legs.

When did he say this quote? Boxing Day?

It's not important for us at all. It's important for you Pards, because it's your last chance to salvage your reputation and avoid an even more catastrophic end to the season.