S***** D***** "News"

Interpolic

By the way, the local papers have been patronising their readers for over a decade with their cowardly, duplicitous guff. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever for confining themselves to being the club's unofficial mouthpiece when they could feasibly maintain readership with journalistic ability and integrity, ie replacing that illiterate manchild runt.

I think this is harsh for reasons we've gone over on here a hundred times.  They couldn't sell papers if they didn't have access to matches and press conferences and since our club is basically Communist Russia they have no choice but to toe the line.  That possibly limits their options in terms of journos too.  It's a piss take of a situation but we've seen what happens to journalists that make life even the slightest bit uncomfortable for Ashley, they get banned from the ground.

I have massive sympathy for The Chronicle/Journal, they used to be half-decent (not amazing or anything) when NUFC wasn't run by fucking petty arseholes.

Dude, they've been like that since the SBR days, so it goes way beyond Ashley's dictatorship. Talking up the local heroes/bullshitters and taking cheap digs wherever possible at the easy targets, even if they happen to be the real reason the team has prospered. There's a balance to be found in maintaining their local privileges while presenting a semblance of truth and they've never come close to it. Cunts.

Anal Oliver used to always give good ratings to those who always gave him interviews even if they were awful.

A '9' for Robbie Elliott away to West Ham when he'd been the worst player on the pitch by a mile springs to mind. Same with old Shearer.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys where news about the club comes from as long as it isn't made up drivel. If sports direct news gets quotes from people at the club that others don't, then I'm not going to get bitter about it.

By the way, the local papers have been patronising their readers for over a decade with their cowardly, duplicitous guff. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever for confining themselves to being the club's unofficial mouthpiece when they could feasibly maintain readership with journalistic ability and integrity, ie replacing that illiterate manchild runt.

I think this is harsh for reasons we've gone over on here a hundred times.  They couldn't sell papers if they didn't have access to matches and press conferences and since our club is basically Communist Russia they have no choice but to toe the line.  That possibly limits their options in terms of journos too.  It's a piss take of a situation but we've seen what happens to journalists that make life even the slightest bit uncomfortable for Ashley, they get banned from the ground.

I have massive sympathy for The Chronicle/Journal, they used to be half-decent (not amazing or anything) when NUFC wasn't run by fucking petty arseholes.

Dude, they've been like that since the SBR days, so it goes way beyond Ashley's dictatorship. Talking up the local heroes/bullshitters and taking cheap digs wherever possible at the easy targets, even if they happen to be the real reason the team has prospered. There's a balance to be found in maintaining their local privileges while presenting a semblance of truth and they've never come close to it. Cunts.

Absolutely bang on. Alan Oliver's brown nosing bilge used to make me cringe. if anyone thinks this is a new thing they couldn't be more wrong.

Sports Direct News.  :lol:

It is fucking weird, you are right Interpolic. Ashley has the uncanny ability to make everything he is associated with as vile and tacky as possible. He won't even let us read our bullshit player/manager articles in peace anymore, he has to fucking bring sports direct into it.

You were probably too young to notice when Sir John Hall, at Keegan's insistence, imposed a "blanket ban" on reporters from The Journal in 1994.

Dunno if people are aware of this but there was a Sports Direct magazine on sale for £1 when I was in Sainsburys tonight, had a look at it; Carl Froch was on the front and it was composed of about 70% adverts.

Ever been in Sportsdirect? I'm sure you have. Well the music that plays annoyingly over the tannoys while you wade through the piles of indistinguishable mess (usually generic rock guitar) - it now seems to play on the website with the same guy advertising nufctv. I fucking hate Ashley.

Dunno if people are aware of this but there was a Sports Direct magazine on sale for £1 when I was in Sainsburys tonight, had a look at it; Carl Froch was on the front and it was composed of about 70% adverts.

Lonsdale's own Carl Froch. What a shock. :lol:

Ashley is basically a billionaire charva

True. Previously we were run by a local millionaire who sold out to the City and left us in a pile of debt while walking away with £40m added to his own personal bank account. Let's not forget.

NWOAT. You're giving them what they want.

I doubt a thread on N-O figures on the list of aims for Sports Direct News, but tbf who knows?  It's clouded in mystery as ever.

Guess who wins again.

Guest Slippery Sam

Would it be possible to change the thread title?  I guess not, as it relates to something specific.

However, I am sick of the sight of Direct Spots adverts everywhere and to see that name on the first page of this site is yet another blight on my tortured eyes. Have pity, man, I'm close to breaking point!

Would it be possible to change the thread title?  I guess not, as it relates to something specific.

However, I am sick of the sight of Direct Spots adverts everywhere and to see that name on the first page of this site is yet another blight on my tortured eyes. Have pity, man, I'm close to breaking point!

No probs.

Guest Howaythetoon

He tried to buy Goal.com but was told to f*** off by its owners so he set up SDN in protest, only it has zero credibility and always will have.

so it's just like Goal.com tbf.

Goal.com is still the biggest football site online, something SDN will never ever achieve.