Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we'll put in a surprisingly good performance but still lose 2-1. I do think a draw isn't out of the question though, there are a lot of different variables at play. Our biggest hope is that a lot of their new players start and don't grasp the league's pace straight away.

I'm intrigued as to how the team will perform with less pressure and supposedly improved fitness.

Guest reefatoon

Should have no bother pumping this lot given all that juicy preparation time we've had.

:lol: Exactly right.  Non of that evil Europe to get in the way.  Fully expecting us to thrash them.

Guest reefatoon

If Ameobi starts then I stop.  Been a supporter for 60 years but decided that I'd rather not bother than endure another season of frustration with that lazy donkey leading the attack

If he doesn't start, we know he will be introduced at some point in the second half.  My bet is 68 mins. 1 minute later, my foot will go through the TV.

Newcastle have never won a Barclays Premier League game at the Etihad Stadium (D2 L7).

Manchester City have won 11 and lost none (D2) of their last 13 Premier League games against Newcastle, including a current run of seven successive victories.

Newcastle have scored just eight goals in their last 13 Premier League games against Man City, conceding 30.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Newcastle have never won a Barclays Premier League game at the Etihad Stadium (D2 L7).

Manchester City have won 11 and lost none (D2) of their last 13 Premier League games against Newcastle, including a current run of seven successive victories.

Newcastle have scored just eight goals in their last 13 Premier League games against Man City, conceding 30.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Remember when we didn't win away from home for ages?

Remember when it was said we couldn't come back from a losing position to win a game?

Pardew's mythbusters.

I can't wait for football to come back.