The Battle For More Points than 2010/11 - SUCCESS!

Taylor Swift

Well,im getting old! 2001....Too much for my memory

At the end of the day,i still think we will finish 9-8 .Spurs and United will finish above us. but if we manage to sign two quality players maybe we can push for higher place.

The good thing is that we are out of pressure.

Guest antz1uk

doesn't feel anywhere near as good as it did then, yet we've won 2 more this season and lost one more, with +1 better gd. thinks it's us who arew bi-polar  :mike:

This could genuinely be a massive season for both our clubs. I think Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Everton, Newcastle and Spurs are all battling for 4 places.

Might be my natural Newcastle pessimism but keep thinking although its all great at the mo, eventually we'll be overtaken by man u and spurs and be left battling with Southampton for 8th/9th.

Unless ofcourse we have a good January window and go on a mad winning run like 2 years ago.

It won't happen, but imagine if we finished above Man Utd?

I still don't think we will do as well as that season, lets not forget that towards the end we went on something like a 6 game winning run, I just don't think we will finish that strongly.

I'm taking the rest of this season 1 game at a time. Next up is Stoke, I think our typical Boxing day hoodoo will crop up again and we will only get a point out of it.

If we can get 4 points from Stoke and Arsenal hope pards then decides fuck it lets go for it as very little if any threat to relegation and we are total underdogs up there. Hope Ashley/Big Joe see the opportunity and get a striker and winger and dont sell any key players.

If we somehow manage to finish top 6 it would be fantastic compared to last season

Hope Ashley gets over excited again like when we signed Cisse and brings in a proper goalscorer. Gomis seems to be scoring his fair share, is a beast and more importantly is likely to fit into Ashley's budget.

Imagine having an almost 1 in 2 striker doing the Shola role.

That's actually insane. As good as this season is feeling, it doesn't seem to feel anywhere near as exciting as that season felt. Anyone else? Did the unbeaten start give an extra feel to it?

I think maybe the knowledge that even if we do finish in one of the Europa spots the lack of ambition will (probably) see us finish 16th next season "because we're tired from all the Europa League games" or some shit like that. Think I'd be more excited if there was a chance of us adding the players we need to our team and taking the next step. The Fat Man just being cuntent with us staying in the Premier League is ruining it a bit :(