Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Howe just knows how to spot the qualities of every player and bring them out. Dummett was always a good defender, Howe found a way to bring him into the side at exactly the right time when most of us were wondering why he was given a contract extension.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

If Lascelles is out, looks like it will be Dummett for spurs and possibly Milan.

Only got a dead leg hasn’t he?

Might be touch and go for Spurs given how close it is, but shouldn’t be too much of a problem for Milan.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Top lad he is, but fucking hell - an able performer? We’re supposed to be aiming to finish above 15 teams virtually none of which would give him a squad number. 

A squad number? Disagree.  We beat Man U, who played a pretty strong team 3-0 away from home and he was very good.

Edited by OverThere

Assuming Lascelles is doubtful I'd play a scratch defence at Spurs and just hope we can outscore them. Play maybe Tino-Krafth-Dummett-Hall and hope for the best, at least 3 of the 4 to come back in against Milan would be fresh.

6 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Top lad he is, but fucking hell - an able performer? We’re supposed to be aiming to finish above 15 teams virtually none of which would give him a squad number. 

Kept a clean sheet against Man City and Man United I'll have you know :snod:

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

One of the best slide tacklers in the game and I'm not even joking.

He is a gifted defender in all honesty. If he’d not had injuries throughout his career and if being a LB was only about what defending in the defensive third and nothing else, he’d have had an amazing career. Sadly, he’s probably one of the most limited footballers I can think of that’s turned out for us on the ball and going forward 

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

One of the best slide tacklers in the game and I'm not even joking.

While there is a skill to it, it does often result from poor positioning in the first place.  Woodgate was the classic example of this - he rarely went to ground, as he was adept at reading the game 

4 hours ago, Beth said:

Assuming Lascelles is doubtful I'd play a scratch defence at Spurs and just hope we can outscore them. Play maybe Tino-Krafth-Dummett-Hall and hope for the best, at least 3 of the 4 to come back in against Milan would be fresh.

That's not a terrible idea. Fixture crunch and injuries are insane at the moment and sub optimal things need to be done.

Thank god none of the people actually involved with the club are throwing in the towel like some people on here. 

Scratch defense against a very beatable team ffs. Have a word. 

Edited by cubaricho