Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Quality once again and we're unbeaten since he returned from injury after losing pretty much every game without him.

Poor footballer but he makes our defence much better. The vitriol needs to piss off.

:lol: correlation ≠ causation

Much better this week than last, but finding a starting-quality LB should be a top priority this summer

It's a pretty fucking significant correlation, like. Get a proper defender at LB and you defend better and stop losing games.

Agendas man. I think some people view a left back as a Roberto Carlos or Ashley Cole type.

Yes that's lovely but players with forward flair and defensive nous are rarer than hens teeth. Most have one or the other. Dummett is an excellent defender and one of the few good attitudes in our squad.

It's a pretty fucking significant correlation, like. Get a proper defender at LB and you defend better and stop losing games.

Agendas man. I think some people view a left back as a Roberto Carlos or Ashley Cole type.

Yes that's lovely but players with forward flair and defensive nous are rarer than hens teeth. Most have one or the other. Dummett is an excellent defender and one of the few good attitudes in our squad.

And some of you absolutely love attacking this straw man.

He put in a decent shift today, against a team not nearly as good as the one we played last week. He's decent enough putting the timely leg in, but he hurts us on the ball. I don't expect him to bomb forward like Ashley Cole, but I do expect that he doesn't hoof it downfield when under the slightest bit of pressure. He's got no confidence on the ball and that hurts us defensively just as much as in attack.

Quality once again and we're unbeaten since he returned from injury after losing pretty much every game without him.

Poor footballer but he makes our defence much better. The vitriol needs to piss off.

Much better this week than last, but finding a starting-quality LB should be a top priority this summer

Updated stats:

26 points from 21 games Dummett started

7 points from 15 he missed

Pretty impressive tbh.

Poor footballer but he makes our defence much better. The vitriol needs to p*ss off.

:lol: Nothing to do with McClaren or Rafa or any of that shit, we got Paully back from the sick bay.

He's done alright defensively in some games during this little run, fair play to him. He's the first player that needs to be replaced if we stay up though. Premier League left back should know how to control and pass the ball. Other teams having shit fullbacks doesn't mean we should be one of those teams before someone brings up Bardsley and Dawson.

Don't really see what's funny like, he's a solid left back. We were having to pull Sissoko back there the previous games as Anita and Colback were terrible, being blitzed by the likes of Jarvis and Borini. Our defence is sound across the board now and the reason we're picking up points.

Don't really see what's funny like, he's a solid left back. We were having to pull Sissoko back there the previous games as Anita and Colback were terrible, being blitzed by the likes of Jarvis and Borini. Our defence is sound across the board now and the reason we're picking up points.

Dummett is obviously part of the improvement but basically the whole line has been changed recently (as well as the manager). The line is getting some protection from the midfield too now.

To be fair, Pata, I'd have to concede the lack of your best mate in the central defence has been equally important to us.

And the lack of Janmaat, Taylor and whoever played as LB. Having a fit Tiote ahead of them is quite important too.

:thup: Both.

It's a pretty f***ing significant correlation, like. Get a proper defender at LB and you defend better and stop losing games.

Its not agendas, you're both ignoring that the entire defense have been changed since he came back obviously. Lascelles has been key, Mbemba has been good & Anita has been top aswell. Dummett is decent generally, but chances fall his side. Thats my summation.

He still looks like the weak link in the defence and that is even with Anita at right back. He stands off far too much and allows players to run past him regularly.

Good defender at a much lower level. He's okay, but he's nothing special. That said, he's performing well at the moment.

I think people forget players' 6000 games prior to the one that we've just watched, it wasn't all that long ago that people thought he was a gash LB and better at CB. Now all of a sudden he's a world-beater LB and the sole reason we're winning games.

He stands off far too much and allows players to run past him regularly.

I find its the opposite, usually he gets caught out when he presses too quickly, and the wingers dummy it and run past him, as his turning circle is quite slow. It happened with Barrow against Swansea and nearly happened with Sako yesterday. Think he's been really good defensively 99% of the time in the last few matches like and confident he can block crosses when wingers go down the outside

He's not an excellent defender, he's just not. He's the best we've had given our situation sand he has some good defensive moments. The sooner we see him as a CB the better and should look to upgrade. Like the bloke though.