Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Is being able to pass the ball to a team mate who's further than 15-20 yards away not part of being good defensively? How the f***ing hell is he any good defensively when every ball he tries down the line is blocked, intercepted, breaks down an attack and we have to defend yet a f***ing gain? Gets away with murder this bloke.

Agree.

Is being able to pass the ball to a team mate who's further than 15-20 yards away not part of being good defensively? How the f***ing hell is he any good defensively when every ball he tries down the line is blocked, intercepted, breaks down an attack and we have to defend yet a f***ing gain? Gets away with murder this bloke.

Agree.

Yep. This exactly.

Agree.

Yep. This exactly.

:thup:

None of our players actually look for the ball tbf. If he loses the ball its generally from a hoof or a ball up the line where there isn't much danger so I don't think it has anything to do with the defensive part of the game

Just another example of a player being out doing wonders for their reputation in the mind's eye of fans.

Nah Manquillo cannot defend very well. Paully D in the side with Lascelles, we'll start picking up clean sheets.

Despite that Manquillo wasn't usually at fault when we conceded, and he does carry the ball better than Dummett.

None of our players actually look for the ball tbf. If he loses the ball its generally from a hoof or a ball up the line where there isn't much danger so I don't think it has anything to do with the defensive part of the game

He can't run with the ball either to carry the ball out of defence. If he sees nothing on down the line, his next instinct is to pass inside to the nearest CM or CB, or back to the GK. He's hopeless man.

He can't run with the ball either to carry the ball out of defence. If he sees nothing on down the line, his next instinct is to pass inside to the nearest CM or CB, or back to the GK. He's hopeless man.

That's not anything to do with his defensive contribution. Did a nice pass in the build up to our last corner btw

That's not anything to do with his defensive contribution. Did a nice pass in the build up to our last corner btw

You can't play good football with one nice pass in 45 mins.

You can't play good football with one nice pass in 45 mins.

Aye well he clearly isn't a good footballer

Of course it is! A League Two defender can block shots, head the ball, hassle a winger, etc. Being able to bring the ball out of defence and turn a defence into an attack is a massive part of his defensive duties.

Of course it is! A League Two defender can block shots, head the ball, hassle a winger, etc. Being able to bring the ball out of defence and turn a defence into an attack is a massive part of his defensive duties.

How come they haven't created anything so?

Guest firetotheworks

Just another example of a player being out doing wonders for their reputation in the mind's eye of fans.

Nah Manquillo cannot defend very well. Paully D in the side with Lascelles, we'll start picking up clean sheets.

They're separate points, Dummett is still obviously shit.

Despite that Manquillo wasn't usually at fault when we conceded, and he does carry the ball better than Dummett.

Manquillo rarely stops crosses coming into the box. Dummett does. That helps out the CB's and especially Yedlin at RB who can be targeted in the air.

I'm certain with Lascelles and Dummett - we'll concede less goals than what we have done previously.

He stays fit and plays 17 or more games we improve defensively.

How come they haven't created anything so?

Same way we haven't. They're toothless too.

He's very negative on the ball but thought he was fine today.

Positivity on the ball was the thing lacking the most though. Time and time again the ball went near him and we stopped dead.

Aye I know we need better but I'd still rather have Dummett than Manquillo even if the latter is a bit more positive bursting forward.

Guest firetotheworks

Defended fine, but as everyone has said, the problem was going forward, something that he's completely incapable of doing.