Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Guest neesy111

His shitness on the ball wouldn't be as noticeable if any of our players ever gave an option other than the two centre halves

Our midfield is ridiculously static.

His shitness on the ball wouldn't be as noticeable if any of our players ever gave an option other than the two centre halves

The rest of the team know he is shite on the ball, which doesn’t help like.

very rare that the winger playing in front of him has a good game. When he recieves the ball he has to run around it to control it. Invariably takes three touches by which pint the onlt balls on are the hoof or a square pass to the CB. He is not a footballer

He still can't do anything with the ball but thought Dummett was solid enough. I'd honestly and definitely rather have him than Manquillo. Having said that, I think I'd prefer Mbemba at LB despite it not being his natural position.

Solid isn't good enough though in a game we need to win. Everyone's annoyed by the state of our attacking play today but then happy to praise a player who doesn't bring anything to the table whatsoever when we have the ball, and in many cases makes it worse. I bet Hughton was delighted to see him on the teamsheet and told his players to pressurise him at every opportunity.

Doesn't pick himself like.

Guest neesy111

Solid isn't good enough though in a game we need to win. Everyone's annoyed by the state of our attacking play today but then happy to praise a player who doesn't bring anything to the table whatsoever when we have the ball, and in many cases makes it worse. I bet Hughton was delighted to see him on the teamsheet and told his players to pressurise him at every opportunity.

Doesn't pick himself like.

I bet he wasn't happy considering knockert had 2 shocking games against him last season.

• 3 weeks later...

Really solid when he has to just stay in his own half and not have the ball.  Nobody has ever had an issue with his defending, as far as I can tell?  So games where we have 17% possession or whatever are tailor made for him.  I thought the same about Hayden last night. 

Home games where we might actually get closer to 40% possession and attempt to break teams down.  Both players seem pretty redundant. 

Really solid when he has to just stay in his own half and not have the ball.  Nobody has ever had an issue with his defending, as far as I can tell?  So games where we have 17% possession or whatever are tailor made for him.  I thought the same about Hayden last night. 

Home games where we might actually get closer to 40% possession and attempt to break teams down.  Both players seem pretty redundant.

I have a problem with his defending. He doesn’t prevent a cross from coming in often enough and when he does he kicks it out for a throw in which result in the cross coming in anyway.

Guest neesy111

Great defensively. Massive lift having him back. We just need someone as defensively competent at RB now.

Yeap.  Think it would free us more to play Murphy and atsu on the wings.