Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

One of my mates text me today to tell me Dummett has got a new contract but I can't find a confirmation anywhere; please allay my fears :lol:.

He is getting a new contract and he deserves it.

I doubt you have mates though.

Alreet Paul, didn't realise you were on N-O.

All jokes aside, if the contract is for a backup then fine, but there's no way in hell we should be giving him a deal as a starting 11 Premier League left back.

If rumours are to be believed, Stoke were considering doing just that.

• 1 month later...

Clark did go forward like even tried to show skills to beat players which ended predictably. Low point perhaps when obviously rehearsed corner routine ended up with ball being passed to Clark to hoof it in, again with predictable results. Clark was very good last season don't get me wrong, but not one i want to see on side of their box trying to beat a man

Thought Clark was alright there. Maybe Manquillo can move to the left, when Yedlin returns?

Clark was serviceable there, just like Dummett is, defensively sound, but from an attacking perspective it's not ideal and completely wastes our best CB. We need Calrk and the Capt to partner in the middle, if yedlin is back Manquillo can switch but if not, the alternatives are dreadful, Gamez is probably the best of a bad bunch.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-duo-out-for-weeks

Newcastle United have confirmed that defenders Florian Lejeune and Paul Dummett will be out of action for a number of weeks.

Both players were forced off with injuries during the first half of Sunday’s Premier League defeat to Tottenham Hotspur at St. James’ Park.

Dummett limped off with a hamstring injury after just seven minutes, before Lejeune - making his Magpies debut - sustained ankle ligament damage during a tackle by Harry Kane.

Assessments by the club's medical staff are continuing in order to establish the full extent of their injuries but both players are expected to be out for weeks, rather than months.