Newcastle United vs West Ham United - Sat 24th August @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Debuchy    Yanga        Colo        Santon

Cabaye        Moussa

Ben Arfa                  Marv                Gouffran

Cisse

Lots of pressing and playing a high line

If Cabaye is "ready" to play and Santon is fit I'd love to see that lineup but I doubt either will make the cut.

That's a nice line up, far too attacking for Pardew i would think though.

Your spot on mate its far too attacking because Pardew only knows how to contain the opposition by sitting back and not getting tight.

I watched villa last night and they got it right pressed aggressively and got tight giving Chelsea a hard Time to break them down.

Yeah, i was watching the Spurs game thinking, if we had took the lead we would have sat back and made them look good. Spurs just buried them.  I wonder what Pardew thinks when he's watching other games, he's not daft and he must enjoy watching teams play well. Why he then gets us to play the way he does just baffles me.

Also managers watch games back on video later. Does enjoy watching us play the way we do when he's not on the touchline when it can appear different. How can he just continue with the same stuff he himself must see as poor.

Really enjoy your posts bimpy

I've no idea what Pardew thinks to be honest.

Given the things he says though maybe its a case of negative thoughts = negative actions?

Not a universal concensus mate :lol: but thank you, same to you  O0

He is very negative, i've never known a manager like it tbh. It really feels like the team reflects his football outlook. Defensive, rigid and lacking positivity, and god awful boring.

I just hope we see in the next two home games a positive approach and really have a go at West Ham and Fulham. I'm not holding my breath but if he reverts to the same negative tactics we've seen before then it'll show he's learnt nothing and will confirm what many of us already think. Desperate to see some positive changes otherwise he's only inviting on the inevitable shit storm that will come his way.

I just hope we see in the next two home games a positive approach and really have a go at West Ham and Fulham. I'm not holding my breath but if he reverts to the same negative tactics we've seen before then it'll show he's learnt nothing and will confirm what many of us already think. Desperate to see some positive changes otherwise he's only inviting on the inevitable shit storm that will come his way.

Agree with that. 2 very big home games for Mr Pardew.

Krul

Debuchy    Yanga        Colo        Santon

Cabaye        Moussa

Ben Arfa                  Marv                Gouffran

Cisse

Lots of pressing and playing a high line

If Cabaye is "ready" to play and Santon is fit I'd love to see that lineup but I doubt either will make the cut.

That's a nice line up, far too attacking for Pardew i would think though.

Your spot on mate its far too attacking because Pardew only knows how to contain the opposition by sitting back and not getting tight.

I watched villa last night and they got it right pressed aggressively and got tight giving Chelsea a hard Time to break them down.

Yeah, i was watching the Spurs game thinking, if we had took the lead we would have sat back and made them look good. Spurs just buried them.  I wonder what Pardew thinks when he's watching other games, he's not daft and he must enjoy watching teams play well. Why he then gets us to play the way he does just baffles me.

Also managers watch games back on video later. Does enjoy watching us play the way we do when he's not on the touchline when it can appear different. How can he just continue with the same stuff he himself must see as poor.

Really enjoy your posts bimpy

I've no idea what Pardew thinks to be honest.

Given the things he says though maybe its a case of negative thoughts = negative actions?

Not a universal concensus mate :lol: but thank you, same to you  O0

He is very negative, i've never known a manager like it tbh. It really feels like the team reflects his football outlook. Defensive, rigid and lacking positivity, and god awful boring.

really?  if you mean by Maginot Line defensive, then maybe.

Guest Phil K

really?  if you mean by Maginot Line defensive, then maybe.

And the Maginot line ended up being as useless as our defence too

Funny how this is a must win 2nd game in.

:lol:

But it really feels like it has to be a convincing win. It would settle a lot of us down. I'm just worried that we serve up more gutless and toothless performance at home to these sort of teams. We should win hands down on paper.

I can see this Saturday being fucking dreadful like. Pissed off fans venting their frustration at everyone at the club. The same old players in the same old positions, doing the same old things and making the same old mistakes. No drive, no passion, no will to succeed. Just a collective pile of shit, that will more than likely result in a bore draw or maybe a tight 1-0 either way.

It's the 2nd game of the season, and first home game, and already this is a must win game. Not only a must win game, but a must win game that by the end we deserved to win.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it, as always.

Guest chopey

I imagine it will be like the Sunderland and Liverpool games, the atmosphere was awful with Newcastle fans arguing amongst themselves to the extent that fighting broke out right in front of me. 

Guest Haris Vuckic

I thought there would be some sort of new-season excitement in the ground TBH, nobody think that?

new season dread

Guest icemanblue

I thought there would be some sort of new-season excitement in the ground TBH, nobody think that?

Of course there will be. Us match going fans are thick as fuck, and just love being served up the world's worst football, while big Mike thumbs our anus.

Given we've only signed 1 player on loan who is currently injured I'd say that has dented much of the excitement. I guess people will probably be excited about the match day routine but hoping rather than expecting changes on the pitch in terms of playing style. Lad at my running club who is a season ticket holder summed it up well "I'm looking forward to the drinks before the match and the banter afterwards but not the stuff in between" :lol: I won't be going whereas in the past if there were spares I'd probably have gone on opening day. Might watch it in a pub I guess.