Newcastle United vs West Ham United - Sat 24th August @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If tiote and santon are available

Krul

Debuchy      Mbiwa  Colo    Santoon

Barfa          Tiote        Sissoko

Gouf              Marv

Cisse     

Without

Krul

Debuchy      Mbiwa  Colo    Dummett

Anita 

Barfa          Sissoko        Marv

Cisse        Gouf             

Mr negative will be fuck all like it.

Hearing on the grapevine that Shola is starting.

Didn't Pardew play him last season to defend set pieces? Maybe switching to 4-4-2 tomorrow,with Gouff and HBA on the wings and Sissoko and Anita in the middle?

Guest bimpy474

He's going 4-4-2, It's either Shola or Gouffran up top with Cisse, i think Shola because of their set pieces. Another decision where he's worried about them. We have enough to defend seeing as they're aren't that big either.

We will have possibly, Mapou, Colo, Dummmet(5ft 10) and or Santon, Sissoko and Cisse, all 6ft plus. Lets play our best attacking team and give them problems, but i bet he bottles it.

He's going 4-4-2, It's either Shola or Gouffran up top with Cisse, i think Shola because of their set pieces. Another decision where he's worried about them. We have enough to defend seeing as they're aren't that big either.

We will have possibly, Mapou, Colo, Dummmet(5ft 10) and or Santon, Sissoko and Cisse, all 6ft plus. Lets play our best attacking team and give them problems, but i bet he bottles it.

I could almost bet my life on it! So so frustrating..

Guest bimpy474

I could almost bet my life on it! So so frustrating..

Yep, you could imagine him sitting in his office analysing them to bits working out how to stop them.

Guest chopey

Big Sam has won on his last two visits to St James's with Blackburn and West Ham and I think he will make it a treble tomorrow

Guest bimpy474

Big Sam has won on his last two visits to St James's with Blackburn and West Ham and I think he will make it a treble tomorrow

Didn't he win with Blackburn again so i think it's three on the trot.

Even though we lost big time against Arsenal and Man u away i actually enjoyed our football in those games more than most of our games. Then you could at least see some positive signs of what the players are capable of.

Guest bimpy474

Even though we lost big time against Arsenal and Man u away i actually enjoyed our football in those games more than most of our games. Then you could at least see some positive signs of what the players are capable of.

Me too but it scared Pardew to death and it's been rancid ever since. I can see why people call him a coward now.

Are West Ham really that big of a team on set pieces without Carroll?

Cole, Nolan, Downing, Diame, Noble and Maiga really that big?

Diame aside of course.

1 Carroll and 1 Nolan is enough for us to be worried about for Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

Diame aside of course.

Which is what i said in my post Mole, i don't think they are. And i think we can handle them with players i put down, but can you seriously see Pardew going and ignoring West Ham strengths. I dont mean completely disregarding them but not trying to stop them so much that it suffocates our own attacking play. Not really sure why i put that, as that's exactly what we've seen for a year or so.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone else think the atmosphere will be dogshit tomorrow? Especially considering the last few home performances.

Imagine if we concede early:anguish:

That'll be interesting, rather it didn't happen mind.

Anyone else think the atmosphere will be dogshit tomorrow? Especially considering the last few home performances. :anguish:

If the crowd for once were allowed to see some offensive and positive football with movement from the start then im sure the atmosphere would come along with it. But to answer your question, yes, it will be dogshit.

Hearing on the grapevine that Shola is starting.

Krul

Debuchy  Colo  Mbwia  Santon

Ben Arfa  Tiote  Sissoko  Marveaux

Cisse    Shola

United For Newcastle ‏@UtdForNewcastle 1h

That's the starting line up tomorrow by the way... Have it on good authority!

Taken with a pinch of salt, obviously. Wouldn't be at all surprised like.

Diame aside of course.

Which is what i said in my post Mole, i don't think they are. And i think we can handle them with players i put down, but can you seriously see Pardew going and ignoring West Ham strengths. I dont mean completely diaregarding them but not trying to stop them so much that it suffocates our own attacking play. Not really sure why  put that, as that's exactly what we've seen for a year or so.

Oh right, agree with that.