First Footballing Hero

Disco

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/content/thumbnails/00149/14782-zoom.jpg Used to always wear my shirt sticking out.

Also around the same time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46273000/jpg/_46273560_laudrup.jpg

Owned that Rangers shirt cause of him.  :blush:

Yeah colinmk reminded me of another I loved as a kid, shirt hung out Chris Waddle style (albeit I was too young for his Toon days, remember him at Sheff Weds).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VWGof-zXooo/THZ-8Jw1JGI/AAAAAAAAGe4/zPOvr8wN5zg/s1600/01-WADDLE+Chris+Panini+Newcastle+1985.png

It's weird, I didn't have too many Newcastle ones I can remember as a kid. I had a relative playing for Toon who I looked up to and really loved some of the others but never really pretended to be them on the playground. Think I was a bit of a sucker for the continental type of winger and Waddle having been at Marseille had that extra bit of swagger. So him and Hassler. Think I always knew my left was too crap to pretend to be Ginola.  :D

Maldini, Shearer, Baggio. Not sure which was the truly first- but I obviously followed Shearer to Newcastle and the rest is history.

I wonder how much Shearer made for the club in money, he attracted a hell of a lot of fans.

Maldini, Shearer, Baggio. Not sure which was the truly first- but I obviously followed Shearer to Newcastle and the rest is history.

I wonder how much Shearer made for the club in money, he attracted a hell of a lot of fans.

£15m down the pan marra. Waste of money [/ashley]

Guest JamesyJazz

Going to show my age here but George Best was my first footballing hero,saw him play at SJP back in the very early seventies when I was aged around 9 years old,also witnessed my first pitch invasion that day,fekin mayhem.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNKANZu2W5UGtIRsA9T2K_lOQApWPAk8cO9mnDYhvYR17NX4sznw

My favourite player to this day. :love:

Youtube:  solskjaer V Newcastle

It's the cunts giving him a round of applause in the background as he walks off anarl.

I remember the game. Of course we applauded him for doing that man. It was one of the last games of the season and we absolutely needed something from that game to stay in the title race. We ended up losing the title by a point but what Solskjaer did was vital.

Who are you all kidding like? :lol: You absolutely need a point to stay in the title race and the opposition is through on goal to knock you out of the race? Your player would hack him down and you'd be thankful for it.

Saying Solskjaer is a cock though is sour grapes. He was a top player and a top man.

Telling enough how even Fergie went absolute batshit mental at Solskjær in the locker room post-match saying "we don't win that way".

Shearer. He's the reason is support this fucking team.

This, on both counts. I remember when I played football as a kid I used to smack the ball as hard as I fucking could and shot "Sheeeeaaaaarrreeerrr". :lol: Favourite non Newcastle player was Henry, the cunt, the man was majestic. All is forgiven though, how can I not love the man again when I see some of the goals he was scoring in the Prem.

I know all of  those areas,  Bilton is in Rugby.

My Cousin lived on Leamington Road near the A46 and my uncle lived on Birches lane.  My cousin and Tim played for Bilton and my uncle ran the team so he played a small part in Flowers doing well, I suppose.