First Footballing Hero

Disco

Can't look past Big Al really. Would get ridiculously excited whenever he was mentioned on the radio as a kid. His name just meant goals.

I hated him when he was at Blackburn like just because of how much he seemed to love scoring against us.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNKANZu2W5UGtIRsA9T2K_lOQApWPAk8cO9mnDYhvYR17NX4sznw

My favourite player to this day. :love:

Youtube:  solskjaer V Newcastle

It's the cunts giving him a round of applause in the background as he walks off anarl.

I remember the game. Of course we applauded him for doing that man. It was one of the last games of the season and we absolutely needed something from that game to stay in the title race. We ended up losing the title by a point but what Solskjaer did was vital.

Who are you all kidding like? :lol: You absolutely need a point to stay in the title race and the opposition is through on goal to knock you out of the race? Your player would hack him down and you'd be thankful for it.

Saying Solskjaer is a cock though is sour grapes. He was a top player and a top man.

http://thirdkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/romario1.jpg

Got into football gradually but USA 94 was probably the clincher that it would be the sport for me. Brazil and Romario too.

Soon after, obviously:

http://i.imgur.com/gHEHqZh.jpg

Same here mate, 94 was the first world cup i remember, it was just so awesome at the time. Bought a millon of those WC chewing gums with stickers inside the wrapping, different pictures of players in them.  Still have them  :lol: :lol:

Stoichkov also get a honorable mention  :aww:

A reason to despise a player though? :lol: Solskjaer was an absolute gent.

Tell that to Aaron Huges who he forearmed smashed.

Not acknowledging this like Foggy?  :razz:

He caught Hughes like for sure, but it wasn't malicious.

Can't look past Big Al really. Would get ridiculously excited whenever he was mentioned on the radio as a kid. His name just meant goals.

I hated him when he was at Blackburn like just because of how much he seemed to love scoring against us.

I'm too young to remember this bit, thankfully.

Peter Beardsley without a doubt for me.

My parents moved to Carlisle before I was born so my first football match was down at Brunton Park in the late 70's.

Even as a kid with very little football knowledge Pedro by far stood out from the rest.

I was gutted when Carlisle sold him to Vancouver Whitecaps but was over the moon when we he signed for us a year later.