First Footballing Hero

Disco

Looks like Lineker. :lol:

:serious:

Like I said, I came into serious football late. Forgive me if I can't recognise the greatest striker England has produced right off my head. :lol:

Edit: Probably might have figured it out by now that I'm not English. :lol:

Shearer.

Even though I'm not from the area it felt like it was more than just a goal when he scored. When there was a goal update I always wanted it to be him that scored.

Only two other players gave me that feeling and both were very shortlived.

Michael Owen :lol:

and Andy Carroll.

First footballing hero was Liam O'Brien I think.  Although I remember thinking Kevin Brock was pretty good back in the day.

Probably too many players to name after that that I have had as heroes.  I used to be a huge fan of Gary Speed - I used to find it hard to contain myself when the idiots used to have a go at him.

Kevin Keegan. Even as far back as Wembley 1974. Absolutely captivating personality.

I was late for Keegan, but there was a comic book I used to read about a fictional Barça player, and in one of the issues they played against a Keegan-led Hamburg. That made me look him up, even got some tapes off their EC matches. What a player :thup:

Fuck off

That's legit by the way. :lol: Not an attempt to wind.

He's such a nice lad too. I couldn't believe the hatred for him on here over that Rob Lee tackle. He took one for the team and prevented an almost certain goal. Anyone would do it and you all know it.

f*** off

That's legit by the way. :lol: Not an attempt to wind.

He's such a nice lad too. I couldn't believe the hatred for him on here over that Rob Lee tackle. He took one for the team and prevented an almost certain goal. Anyone would do it and you all know it.

Ahh the Suarez World Cup defence.

Game's bigger than the prize bro.

Guardiola was my first local hero, he was the personification of what all the kids of my age dreamt; to turn out for Barça and captain the side to glory.

And 15 years later he does the same as manager :lol: Easily to understand why he's so crazily idolized over here.

http://thirdkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/romario1.jpg

Got into football gradually but USA 94 was probably the clincher that it would be the sport for me. Brazil and Romario too.

Soon after, obviously:

http://i.imgur.com/gHEHqZh.jpg

I've like a few Man Utd players in my time, Beckham, Cantona obv, now Carrick. OGS is a cock like.

Always liked Cantona too. The story, the man, he was class. One of those players you begrudgingly admire.