Newcastle Utd 0 - 0 West Ham Utd - 24/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 41

Neil

Guest firetotheworks

The only potential compliment that I can offer this season is that I reckon it'll be predictable. Shite, put as we all predicted.

Some good movement so far. Sissoko, Anita, Marv and Ben Arfa have all done fairly well running from deeper areas.

Ben Arfa just needs to look for a pass or through ball rather than shoot every time. Although it might be due to neither striker making a run for him, get Gouffran on for Shola and we might see better opportunities.

Defending set pieces and crosses are a worry. Need to stop them coming in as much as possible as it'll be a matter of time before they get a hold of one.

Happy to report that the penny's starting to drop at St James'. Everywhere I'm hearing talk of how static our team play is and how we're just passing to Ben Arfa and waiting for 'magic'.

Better late than never.

Guest bimpy474

Sick of seeing us play them long balls from every set piece we get in our own half.

Especially when Cisse is the one attacking the first ball  :idiot2:

I've been saying this for yonks, it's so pointless, rather like Shola tbh.

W Ham are working very hard, their pressing is making us sloppy on the ball a lot of the time limiting us to the long shots from Hatem.

And we could have been caught cold a couple of times in defence which is a bit worrying.

Sissoko having a decent game today. Anita all short passes, nothing incisive from him. Marv a bit disappointing so far.

A lot would argue this (without Cabaye) is our most productive midfield. Guess what, it produces fuck all.

45 minutes is not enough time to decide this will never work, give it some time man.

And what's with all the negative comments when Ben Arfa has a speculative shot from distance? We're not currently threatening the gola any other way, so he might as well blast a couple. When he scores one of them everyone will be wanking off.

Oh yes, maintaining his average of a goal every 10 games will have us all whacking one off.

He has to be telling Sissoko to get up into the box as much as possible. Our lack of creativity stems from our lack of movement.

I think it's more down to a lack of natural width personally.

We haven't attacked the byline once everything comes inside and the game ends up being played in the width of the penalty area.

A lot would argue this (without Cabaye) is our most productive midfield. Guess what, it produces f*** all.

Midfield isn't really the issue its the shit shower of a final third which is the problem and has been for ages.

I like Anita and Sissoko as a pairing but they need some creativity and width in front of them.... get a winger and attacking midfielder in no need to bother with a striker. ( Remy, Gouffran and Cisse for one spot will do)