Newcastle Utd 0 - 0 West Ham Utd - 24/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 41

Neil

Don't know how to feel. There were positives but Ben Arfa didn't help and marveaux was inexistent. Anita was good. Decent defending apart from Debuchy, and we looked dire defending set pieces. Not sure what the answer is. Not having ameobi and having a real #10 instead of him I guess? Move Hatem there and get some proper wingers if we're insisting on this style of play.

Thank f**k I gave my season tickets away today. Getting down from Edinburgh and watching an under coached team week in week out is really getting to me. The thought of making the effort to come to the Fulham game is already leaving me uninspired. When will we next score a goal. The need for at least two new strikers is blazingly obvious. We need one that hold up the ball and one with real pace. I have expressed my feelings on our hopelessly incompetent manager has been said many times in this site since last November. Until he goes do not expect anything but more of the same.

Words cannot describe the behaviour of Cabaye. As others have said Rooney, Fellaini and Baines are still putting in an effort for their teams. But then, those teams do not have Pardew as their manager.

Don't know how to feel. There were positives but Ben Arfa didn't help and marveaux was inexistent. Anita was good. Decent defending apart from Debuchy, and we looked dire defending set pieces. Not sure what the answer is. Not having ameobi and having a real #10 instead of him I guess? Move Hatem there and get some proper wingers if we're insisting on this style of play.

I dont see HBA as a #10 hes more of a maverick player that produces moments of brilliance. Not the type to slot through balls and create in the tight areas.

Same old for me, no penetration from midfield and zero efforts troubling there keeper (post is a miss in my book) ,crumbled at the back and poor finishing stopping a West Ham win,i try to be positive in the fact our midfield looked good second half but no idea upfront.

Thank f**k I gave my season tickets away today. Getting down from Edinburgh and watching an under coached team week in week out is really getting to me. The thought of making the effort to come to the Fulham game is already leaving me uninspired. When will we next score a goal. The need for at least two new strikers is blazingly obvious. We need one that hold up the ball and one with real pace. I have expressed my feelings on our hopelessly incompetent manager has been said many times in this site since last November. Until he goes do not expect anything but more of the same.

Words cannot describe the behaviour of Cabaye. As others have said Rooney, Fellaini and Baines are still putting in an effort for their teams. But then, those teams do not have Pardew as their manager.

O0 Well said Cabaye is a disgrace in my opinion

Those saying we looked good defensively would do well to remember WH should've scored at least twice.

And have no creativity through the middle and a striker who is average at best.

I can't comprehend Pardew's defensive system.

We don't close down and we don't get tight, always leaves me scratching my head.

Those saying we looked good defensively would do well to remember WH should've scored at least twice.

They had one shot on target, whether they should have scored or not for the majority of the game we restricted them to very little.

Apart from a few occasions where Jarvis toyed with Debuchy i was quite pleased with the back 4, Anita and Sissoko.

It's the front 4 which was a f*cking mess.

We don't close down and we don't get tight, always leaves me scratching my head.

We can have zero creativity through the middle if we have good wingers. Anita and Sissoko today played well enough already and shouldn't be asked for much more.  It is our wingers and strikers that are the problems.

We can have zero creativity through the middle if we have good wingers. Anita and Sissoko today played well enough already and shouldn't be asked for much more.  It is our wingers and strikers that are the problems.

Not with the strikers we have we can't.

They had one shot on target, whether they should have scored or not for the majority of the game we restricted them to very little.

Apart from a few occasions where Jarvis toyed with Debuchy i was quite pleased with the back 4, Anita and Sissoko.

It's the front 4 which was a f*cking mess.

They had an open goal from a simple cross about 35 yards out, Nolan saved us. Maiga had a similar free header in the first half. Our set pieces were bizarre to, Reid went through about 3 seperate times as the last man & was onside everytime.

West Hams finishing is the reason we came away with a point today, for all our possession. They had the chances & we didnt bar a fluked cross.

West ham were poor.

We were no better.

Partridges patter on SSN was insulting to anyone who has even a passing knowledge of the game.

No shots on target & free beer all night, surely,for Kevin Nolan just about sums it up (how did he miss that?).

The sight of Partridge screaming, desperately for imaginary penalties in order to gloss over his glaring inadequacies have left me in the kind of mood that usually results in a whitey by 11pm.