Newcastle Utd 0 - 0 West Ham Utd - 24/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 41

Neil

Guest hatem garrincha

There was a number of people sat around me today who are season ticket holders and their views couldn't be any more different to the general consensus on here.

1) Shola is the in-form striker so has every right to be picked

2) Sissoko is garbage

3) Anita is not built enough for this league and should stop moaning about wanting first team football.

4) Sammy should get more game time

5) We have to trust Pardew's decisions, he sees the players every day in training.

6) Debuchy is terrible, Simpson was better

7) Marveaux should be nowhere near the first 11

8) West Ham are not better than us

9) Why are people booing? This was a good result.

Baffling.

You must be sat next to College Dropout.

:)

Possibly. Whoever it was dropped their king size mars bar at half time and spent a long time looking for it.

In other news, a man turned up, alone, at half 3. Asked what the score was (fair enough) but also where the scoreboard was.

There was a number of people sat around me today who are season ticket holders and their views couldn't be any more different to the general consensus on here.

2) Sissoko is garbage

3) Anita is not built enough for this league and should stop moaning about wanting first team football.

5) We have to trust Pardew's decisions, he sees the players every day in training.

Baffling.

Wild horses couldn't drag me to SJP right now, season ticket or not. Fuck the lot of them.

2) Sissoko is garbage

Baffling.

Insanity.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I regret going today but it was drab. Also, it might be due to the dross served up on the pitch, but generally the match seems to be an inconvenience for a lot of people who are there. You look around and every fucker is on their phone dicking about, or going for a piss every 20 minutes. Then everybody gets up 5 minutes before half time, and fucks off on 85 minutes. After all that, they must see about 20 minutes of the game, vent their spleen and go back on the piss.

2) Sissoko is garbage

Baffling.

may as well give my agree/disagree

1) well he is the in form striker based of pre season, thats the issue however we have shit strikers.

2) wouldn't call him shit but he hasn't shown much yet that says hes brilliant. time will tell

3) He didn't cope with it last year but maybe he's gotten used to it after a year, hope so anyway

4) Quite frankly he should. Only player who actually offers width

5) Don't see anything wrong with that statement :razz:

6) I've been saying that since the city match

7) dunno not convinced by him personally

8) they're as terrible as we are at present.

9) I wouldn't call it a good or bad result just a result.

1) well he is the in form striker based of pre season, thats the issue however we have s*** strikers.

2) wouldn't call him s*** but he hasn't shown much yet that says hes brilliant. time will tell

3) He didn't cope with it last year but maybe he's gotten used to it after a year, hope so anyway

All of that from listening to it on the radio.  :lol:

1) well he is the in form striker based of pre season, thats the issue however we have s*** strikers.

2) wouldn't call him s*** but he hasn't shown much yet that says hes brilliant. time will tell

All of that from listening to it on the radio.  :lol:

hey not all of that there requires actually having seen the match :razz: and quite frankly I think I'm better off for not having seen it, at least I got in a good 2 hour walk while listening to it instead of fuming in front of my computer

Was dreading this but came out of it pleasantly positive. I honestly think we're a good striker away from a decent season, by that i mean 9th place at best. We played well at times and in the first half there was even movement off the ball. I think we look so much better as a team without Tiote in the side and thought that Anita and Sissoko were a good little midfield partnership. The massive thing holding us back at the moment is Pardew and has been for a good year or so now.

Was baffled as to why he started Shola but even more baffled that out of the strikers that started on monday, Gouff was the one on the bench. I've ran out of patience with Cisse and don't believe he's that good of a striker unless he's in a tram creating 100's of chances. We are not that. Gouffran coming on straight away we felt like we had more about us and were pushing up the pitch more and having more chances. Yes Gouffran missed that sitter off the post but wasn't he offside anyway? so it wouldn't have counted.

Also don't understand why Shola was given 90mins despite the fact he did absolutely fuck all except his usual bumbling around. Secondly, why did Sammy come on for Marveaux? think he played well when he was on but that substitution just had no purpose as I thought Marv was playing well.

We need a winger and attacking midfielder just as much as we need a striker, perhaps even more so.

Winger and striker must be the priority, a genuine wide man and our attacking play will improve significantly since at present its all to easy to nullify us by keeping tight through the middle as our "wingers" wander into the centre 

2) Sissoko is garbage

Baffling.

Shit like this makes me almost understand why supporters of other clubs laugh in our general direction.

To be fair, Shola's little bit of link-up in the box with Marveaux (before he slipped) showed the potential of having a good target man. You can't forget how cumbersome Shola is, he slowed down a lot of moves today and lost the ball a number of times trying to be too clever when he had options around him. A proper target striker would have been popping the ball off a lot quicker and would have allowed us to build attacks, and momentum, better.

Take last night's team and put a proper left winger in it, alongside a striker with some ability on the ball and we'd look far more dangerous.

To be fair, Shola's little bit of link-up in the box with Marveaux (before he slipped) showed the potential of having a good target man. You can't forget how cumbersome Shola is, he slowed down a lot of moves today and lost the ball a number of times trying to be too clever when he had options around him. A proper target striker would have been popping the ball off a lot quicker and would have allowed us to build attacks, and momentum, better.

Take last night's team and put a proper left winger in it, alongside a striker with some ability on the ball and we'd look far more dangerous.

Remy and Gouffran instead of Cisse and Shola and we look a lot better IMO, i know everyone wants a striker and rightly so due to Shola.

But creativity and width are more important IMO.

Guest hatem garrincha

Remy and Gouffran instead of Cisse and Shola and we look a lot better IMO, i know everyone wants a striker and rightly so due to Shola.

For me it"s Rémy and Cisse, everyday

Don't blame Cisse after 2 games of inexistent services.

For me it"s Rémy and Cisse, everyday

Don't blame Cisse after 2 games of inexistent services.

Service is a two way street.... His lack of movement makes it difficult for the midfield to supply him, the fact he's very poor at linking play and doesn't stretch defences doesn't help his case to start either.

Gouffran and Remy can do both and until we get some width and creativity into the team Cisse really is an inferior option to both in my eyes.

Guest hatem garrincha

I saw him making plenty of runs today in the first half. He even went wide, hoping for a ball. No services at all.

It was all for Shola's head.