Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Is it just me thought Sissoko was poor?  Seemed to do nothing but lose the ball.

you're not alone, he was poor

Aaaand the strange phenomenon of two people looking at the same thing and having two entirely different opinions rears its head once again. As is with football fans though, it's usually 1 or 2 against a plethora of people who think otherwise.

Sissoko and Anita were the reason we constantly kept the ball, and Sissoko's forward runs and confidence gave us something extra. Had a great game, as did Anita.

Really ??? He was poor IMO, looks powerful but gives the ball away waaay to tamely at times.

Not going to get excited by today's performance. Fulham looked unbelieavly feeble. Gave us loads of time on the ball in the middle of the pitch and we rarely punished them.

I'm excited by how much Remy changed the team from an attacking sense but that's about it.

Hope he has the balls to play gouffran benny cisse and remy again together

Like this?

Remy    Cisse

Gouffran                              Ben Arfa

Sissoko    Cabaye

Could be groovy.

So, so much potential in those six players, so long as they're in a fluid system with an onus on attacing. Would ideally like someone with more cutting edge than Gouffran, but that set-up could attack most teams and have half a chance of smashing them.

Fulham were fucking shite. As bad as us vs City. Krul didn't have a save to make.

Ruiz's free kick was canny.

I'll amend that to say from open play. They really were as bad as any team I've seen against us for a good two years. They're even worse than they were last year.

...and the almost match winning save he made from open play with his legs just prior to us scoring.

Not going to get excited by today's performance. Fulham looked unbelieavly feeble. Gave us loads of time on the ball in the middle of the pitch and we rarely punished them.

So players actually make an effort, try and we play well = the opposition was crap.

We play like shit and players look disinterested = we are shit.

Do people purposely ignore positive changes that occur in front of their eyes, or are they simply too stubborn and hold onto their preconceived notion of how a bunch of players supposedly are?

I just hope you're wrong. I saw a LOT to take away from today, a ton of positives, and, most impressive for me, was to see commitment, heart and actual care from our players. I, for one, was convinced none of them gave a crap. They proved me wrong today.

Yes, Fulham were awful, but the players can only play what's put in front of them. Credit where it's due.

So players actually make an effort, try and we play well = the opposition was crap.

We play like s*** and players look disinterested = we are s***.

Do people purposely ignore positive changes that occur in front of their eyes, or are they simply too stubborn and hold onto their preconceived notion of how a bunch of players supposedly are?

I just hope you're wrong. I saw a LOT to take away from today, a ton of positives, and, most impressive for me, was to see commitment, heart and actual care from our players. I, for one, was convinced none of them gave a crap. They proved me wrong today.

Yes, Fulham were awful, but the players can only play what's put in front of them. Credit where it's due.

I understand where you're coming from but you make it sound like we outclassed them by three or four goals. We lack so much movement upfront that if we don't improve drastically we're going to be found in a relegation battle come end of the season. Possibly with this Fulham side, which was the worst Fulham side I've seen in a long long time.

The end of the match really was magnificent football. If only we could play like that every week.

:thup: That's the benchmark. A second goal and it'd have almost been a perfect finish.

We looked good for the last 10 mins because that's the first concerted spell of attacking we've had in ages. Going off what's been said on here I was expecting great things but we were just doing what other teams do every week.

It's certainly an improvement but then a shot on target also would have been.

much better movement from us throughout but still brittle when the oppo are in possession. anita inlucky to be subbed (myMotM till then), debuchy and mapou had there best games defensively all be it against not really physical opposition (boost for confidence).

we looked a different team with another player looking to get forward..............................fancy that !. remy may not be great but we were crying out for that other player to get towards the box.

Guest Roger Kint

Sure i said that before the match, never had a doubt that we would win(went for 2-0) as they look so terrible and old.