Transfer Window SLAMS shut

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fellaini is worth nowhere near 27.5m. I don't particularly rate him. And why do they need Coentrao?

Fellaini is a cracking player, but not worth £27.5m, and especially not for Man U. Really not what they needed at all IMO.

Very good day's business, and I include my utter disdain towards Gareth Barry in that assessment.

Very jealous of your deadline day work, especially at McCarthy signing.

13m is a tit load, though. Will be interesting to see how it goes. He grew up near me so I wish him the best, of course.

Coentrao now not going to Man Utd?

Nope, failed to get their paperwork in on time.

I can't even imagine how I'd feel if that happened to us with Kinnear. :lol:

On a separate note, the number of bids that clubs apparently put in and unsurprisingly failed with in the final few hours always seems mental, but it happens every window. It's like they're all chasing an adrenaline high.

Guest frazernufc

Palace signed Cameron Jerome on loan from Stoke, swear that deal never got reported on sky. Only realised cause some stoke fan on twitter was pissed off

Assou-Ekotto to QPR is a really weird one, he is way too good for the Championship. Who will Spurs play at LB should Rose get injured?

Vertonghen or Naughton, I suppose, though neither are great options.

Both Merseyside clubs have done really well. Lukaku is absolute class and will bang them in for Everton. McCarthy is already really good and is just going to get better and better.

If I was Moyes I'd be asking serious questions about whoever is dealing with the transfers there. Considering they could have had Fellaini so much cheaper earlier on is shocking enough, then missing out on another midfielder with the Herrera deal sounding like an epic fuckup and then the Coentrao thing too.

Ozil is an incredible signing for Arsenal, still think they are vulnerable at the back though. The likes of Norwich, Southampton and Villa got most of their business done early and have done really well.

Assou-Ekotto to QPR is a really weird one, he is way too good for the Championship. Who will Spurs play at LB should Rose get injured?

Vertonghen or Naughton, I suppose, though neither are great options.

Considering BAE doesn't even like playing football and only does it for a job, I don't think he would have complained too much about being stuck on the bench as long as he still makes money, which makes the whole thing even weirder for me. He's a canny left back, and would probably become useful to Spurs this season.

You know something's gone badly wrong if you're jealous of Everton in terms of transfers.

Trust me, I well and truly know the feeling.

As far as our dealings go, the one negative is Barry. I'm not going to change my mind on what I think of him just because he's now with us, just hope he can prove me wrong to some degree.

McCarthy on the face of it we've overpaid for but I really do like the look of him. Arguably going to offer superior footballing ability in the middle than Fellaini, more energy and more of a link between midfield and attack. Wigan didn't want to sell, so we had to pay for that accordingly, which is fair enough.

Lukaku simply looks like a beast, just hope he can continue his progress at us.

Anichebe for £6m. :lol: :lol: That won't get old anytime soon.

As for Fellaini, I don't begrudge him for one second wanting Champions League football. He deserves it, and he's made a big impact for us in recent years. That said, as I've rattled on for a while now, he has a disturbing lack of footballing ability when it matters in tight areas in the middle of the pitch and is generally overrated due to the fact he fits the "dominant match-winner" mould when really, there are many, many players in the country with more pure footballing ability than him, McCarthy included.

Man Utd have had a shocker. Not only could they have got Fellaini for £4m less earlier in the summer, not only have they had a million bids rejected from across Europe, not only did they have fucking imposters try and secure a Herrera deal, not only have they paid just £500,000 less for only Fellaini than they bid for both Fellaini and Baines a few weeks ago, not only all of that - they don't even fucking need Fellaini.

Sir Alex will be spinning in his expensive leather seat, if physics allow that.