NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doesn't mean much, if anything. Anyways..

“We’ve talked about players. I think that’s where we’re at. We are making sure we don’t miss what might be a key signing,” he said. You look at the last two January windows and we’ve done good business. So Graham Carr [head scout], Joe, myself and the owner are very much on the ball for this window.”

The good thing is the resounding success the players recently bought have been, should at least end any previous differences or squabbles regarding recruitment.

Who was the last player bought that has been a real let down?

Marveux. We are paying him quite a bit and expectations were quite high. He's done f*** all.

If i was manager of another club, i'd be looking to take him on the cheap. He's got talent no doubt about it, just sadly it's looking like we'll never see the best of it. He for me has been our recent let down of the players we've signed.

Marveux. We are paying him quite a bit and expectations were quite high. He's done fuck all.

Helped keep us up with that pass against Stoke.

You could give a moment like that to every player. On the flip side maybe if he'd performed better all round we wouldn't have got that close to relegation.

I'm not a massive fan but through the middle last season he had some great moments. No idea why he's been frozen out but I suspect it has more to do with something off the pitch than what he's done on it.

That pass against Arsenal for Ba's goal  :sweetjesus:

Newcastle United's transfers to be decided by committee, reveals Alan Pardew

23 Dec 2013 08:41

Alan Pardew has revealed that Newcastle United’s January transfer targets will be whittled down during a “transfer committee” meeting

Alan Pardew has revealed that Newcastle United’s January transfer targets will be whittled down during a “transfer committee” meeting.

Pardew will meet with director of football Joe Kinnear in due course with the window open for business again in just eight days time.

Newcastle have already been linked with a possible loan move for Borussia Monchengladbach’s Holland international striker Luuk de Jong, who faces crunch talks with the Bundesliga club this week to decide his future.

But United boss Pardew isn’t concerned about the club’s transfer plans. He said: “The transfers, that is really a committee.

“We sit down, we discuss and we make sure that we make the right decision for the club.

“Finance comes into that, of course, but also the selection of what I need.”

Pardew even went as far as praising Kinnear, despite the controversial former Wimbledon boss arriving back on Tyneside to a frosty reception from supporters. Pardew said: “With Joe’s knowledge of football, he knows that the manager needs certain things.

“It has helped in my opinion.”

Pardew indicated that Mike Ashley was pleased with the season so far.

And added: “I just think we are in a good place as a club. I know we’ve had some strange opinions about us from outside but we’re working well together.

“The owner is really pleased, I’m really pleased and the players are, which is more important, because if players are not happy you can’t get those performances. Hopefully we can keep it altogether and improve on it because the window is opening and it might be an opportunity for us to galvanise.”

Meanwhile, Pardew sent Ryan Taylor to Anfield on Saturday to see Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Cardiff City.

The injured Scouser has been acting as a scout for Pardew in recent weeks and is regarded as one of his backroom team at the moment.

Taylor was running the rule over the Bluebirds ahead of the FA Cup clash in the new year.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-uniteds-transfers-decided-committee-6440243

This might end any interest we might have had in the lad:

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9085837/Tomkins-Is-Charged

"Officers arrived and arrested James Tomkins before later charging him with one count of assaulting a police officer, one count of resisting arrest and one count of being drunk and disorderly in a public place."

Or bring his price down, which we know Ashley likes!

Newcastle United's transfers to be decided by committee, reveals Alan Pardew

23 Dec 2013 08:41

Alan Pardew has revealed that Newcastle United’s January transfer targets will be whittled down during a “transfer committee” meeting

Alan Pardew has revealed that Newcastle United’s January transfer targets will be whittled down during a “transfer committee” meeting.

Pardew will meet with director of football Joe Kinnear in due course with the window open for business again in just eight days time.

Newcastle have already been linked with a possible loan move for Borussia Monchengladbach’s Holland international striker Luuk de Jong, who faces crunch talks with the Bundesliga club this week to decide his future.

But United boss Pardew isn’t concerned about the club’s transfer plans. He said: “The transfers, that is really a committee.

“We sit down, we discuss and we make sure that we make the right decision for the club.

“Finance comes into that, of course, but also the selection of what I need.”

Pardew even went as far as praising Kinnear, despite the controversial former Wimbledon boss arriving back on Tyneside to a frosty reception from supporters. Pardew said: “With Joe’s knowledge of football, he knows that the manager needs certain things.

“It has helped in my opinion.”

Pardew indicated that Mike Ashley was pleased with the season so far.

And added: “I just think we are in a good place as a club. I know we’ve had some strange opinions about us from outside but we’re working well together.

“The owner is really pleased, I’m really pleased and the players are, which is more important, because if players are not happy you can’t get those performances. Hopefully we can keep it altogether and improve on it because the window is opening and it might be an opportunity for us to galvanise.”

Meanwhile, Pardew sent Ryan Taylor to Anfield on Saturday to see Liverpool’s 3-1 win over Cardiff City.

The injured Scouser has been acting as a scout for Pardew in recent weeks and is regarded as one of his backroom team at the moment.

Taylor was running the rule over the Bluebirds ahead of the FA Cup clash in the new year.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-uniteds-transfers-decided-committee-6440243

Nothing new there really, well Raylor is a class act but again that is nothing new.

Marveux. We are paying him quite a bit and expectations were quite high. He's done f*** all.

I think he's mint. Not sure why he's been frozen out.

I think its more of a case of him finding it very hard to settle over here. No doubt he is a quality player but I think he will be gone in January.