NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla/2014/01/15/newcastle-espio-cala-athletic/18211.html

"This paper can now reveal, representatives of the Magpies were following his performance from the stands at the Sanchez Pizjuan on matchday 16, for the match between Sevilla & Athletic Club. Interestingly, it was not his best day, being replaced in the 60th minute for Vicente Iborra, by Unai Emery...

.....In front of the eyes of the English scouts, Cala only managed to complete 41% of his passes (7 out of 17), with none of his long passes being successful.

Next.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2540281/Arsenal-Newcastle-battle-Nottingham-Forest-starlet-Lascelles.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Arsenal and Newcastle United have made offers for Nottingham Forest starlet Jamal Lascelles.

The 20-year-old has been offered a new contract by promotion chasing Forest with Billy Davies keen to keep him at the City Ground.

Arsenal are willing to offer an initial £3million after chief scout Steve Rowley watched Lascelles against Bolton Wanderers at the weekend.

The deal would increase based on appearances while Newcastle are understood to have made a bigger offer. Lascelles has been monitored by Arsenal since he was 16.

Forest may contemplate a sale if the bid is increased and he was loaned back. The Championship club have also completed a permanent deal for Jack Hobbs from Hull.

Meanwhile, Newcastle have looked at Vitesse Arnhem right-back Kelvin Leerdam as a possible alternative.

Arsenal and Newcastle United have made offers for Nottingham Forest starlet Jamal Lascelles.

The 20-year-old has been offered a new contract by promotion chasing Forest with Billy Davies keen to keep him at the City Ground.

Arsenal are willing to offer an initial £3million after chief scout Steve Rowley watched Lascelles against Bolton Wanderers at the weekend.

The deal would increase based on appearances while Newcastle are understood to have made a bigger offer. Lascelles has been monitored by Arsenal since he was 16.

£3,000,001

The Journal suggests that the club will listen to offers for Steven Taylor.  I would be surprised about that at this point as we would need to go out and get an immediate replacement.  If MYM had been sent off on Sunday, we would be down to just Williamson and Taylor.

I get the impression that JFK's programme notes of bringing in 1 or 2 players a year is because that is all he can manage.  Don't think he could cope with a transfer window like last January.

The Journal suggests that the club will listen to offers for Steven Taylor.  I would be surprised about that at this point as we would need to go out and get an immediate replacement.  If MYM had been sent off on Sunday, we would be down to just Williamson and Taylor.

"I've said for a long time we've lacked a modern centre-back, because you need that. In Luuk we've finally got that. In my opinion he's better at that than Taylor."

I get the impression that JFK's programme notes of bringing in 1 or 2 players a year is because that is all he can manage.  Don't think he could cope with a transfer window like last January.

I doubt Joe can have a positive impact on any transfers at all. Don't see how he could.

Guest neesy111

So to summarise, our only target is a striker that f***ed us off before and is well down the pecking order because he's not cutting it.

f***ing genius is JFK, no seriously.

I'd be surprised if it is JFKs decision.

He's in charge of transfers now isn't he?

So to summarise, our only target is a striker that f***ed us off before and is well down the pecking order because he's not cutting it.

f***ing genius is JFK, no seriously.

I'd be surprised if it is JFKs decision.

Tbf it wouldn't be the first decision he has made before he was here, didn't he also win us the Fairs Cup?

http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla/2014/01/15/newcastle-espio-cala-athletic/18211.html

"This paper can now reveal, representatives of the Magpies were following his performance from the stands at the Sanchez Pizjuan on matchday 16, for the match between Sevilla & Athletic Club. Interestingly, it was not his best day, being replaced in the 60th minute for Vicente Iborra, by Unai Emery...

.....In front of the eyes of the English scouts, Cala only managed to complete 41% of his passes (7 out of 17), with none of his long passes being successful.

Next.

:lol: Needs more love