NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Snippet on SSN from the agent of Lewis Holtby saying he'll be gone out on loan before the transfer window shuts on friday.

Seeing as we like a try before you buy so much........................

not sure where to put this so thought in here was as good as anywhere, now before i tell dont shoot the messenger, im just passing some info i have received off someone

we're due a 2nd signing, been told it's another loan, he's foreign but knows the premier league,

:tobey:

Guest Roger Kint

Talksport really pushing the Cisse to Rubin/Turkey on loan story. Makes no sense but then again the same bloke was convinced we were bidding £6m+ for Charlie fucking Adam two days ago :lol:

I don't think Spuds would loan us Holtby, way to close to them in the league, kinda stupid of them iyam. And I don't believe there is any intent on them offloading him yet, they just want another club to develop him for them, like they like to do with their young players. Heard yesterday it was another London club, Fulham I think that he was going to.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles  2m

Newcastle United approach Serbia midfielder Filip Duricic. #NUFC #SLB #SER

Benfica attacking midfielder, think they only bought him last summer to replace Aimar.

Too late :lol:

:icon_rr:

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles  2m

Newcastle United approach Serbia midfielder Filip Duricic. #NUFC #SLB #SER

Benfica attacking midfielder, think they only bought him last summer to replace Aimar.

Too late :lol:

40 million Euro release clause. Match that and he's ours.....

Link to full article, agent seems to confirm contact.....

Newcastle United have entered into discussions over a potential €10million transfer of Benfica attacking midfielder Filip Duricic. The Premier League club's approach for the 22-year-old Serbia international comes on the back of Wednesday's sale of Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint-Germain.

Duricic only joined Benfica in the summer following a successful three-and-half-season spell with Dutch club Heerenveen, but is understood to be keen on a further switch to English football. The Serb has been unsettled in Lisbon, with Benfica coach Jorge Jesus preferring to employ him as second striker rather than in his national-team position in the heart of the midfield.

Benfica have been under pressure to raise cash from player sales to help finance the club's substantial debt burden. Club president Luis Filipe Vieira had hoped to achieve a fee of at least €30m for Nemanja Matic in the current window, but was outmaneuvered by Duricic's international teammate and forced to accept just €25m from Chelsea two weeks ago.

A regular for his national team, Duricic has scored four times in 15 appearances for Serbia, including both goals in March's 2-0 World Cup qualifying victory over Scotland. “It's true about Newcastle,” his agent, Ulisses Santos, told One World Sports on Thursday. “I have been speaking with Alan Pardew this week so let's see what has happened by the end of tomorrow.”

Newcastle currently stand eighth in the Premier League, three points behind champions Manchester United. The Northeast club is also interested in Clement Grenier and is understood to have had a bid rejected by Olympique Lyonnais for the young France international.