NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't really get why people think his exit is inevitable. He has satisfied his requirements for the season.

Not yet he hasn't, we could still finish outside the top 10.

And even then, do we think that is going to cause Mike to lose any sleep? I severely doubt it. At no point this season has Mr Ashley had to show any interest in NUFC. We've been ticking along nicely. As is very apparently by our lack of activity in the transfer market. Last year we were in the shit so we paid money for our future freebies, this year we were golden. We made £20m this year and finished between 9th and 11th! Sounds like a fucking massive win for Mike. Time to give Pards an extension.

The difference in one place isn't much when it's 10th and 11th. A million or two? If that? Dunno if Ashley would be arsed. It's still mid table, it's still safety, it's still another year of Sports Direct on display in the Premier League.

He probably doesn't even give a shit about the very alarming 2014 form n arl. A more proactive owner would probably be thinking if we continue on our current slide, we'll be in League Two by June, but wor Mike won't move a fucking inch until the cock of relegation is slapping him square in the face.

I don't really get why people think his exit is inevitable. He has satisfied his requirements for the season.

And even then, do we think that is going to cause Mike to lose any sleep? I severely doubt it. At no point this season has Mr Ashley had to show any interest in NUFC. We've been ticking along nicely. As is very apparently by our lack of activity in the transfer market. Last year we were in the shit so we paid money for our future freebies, this year we were golden. We made £20m this year and finished between 9th and 11th! Sounds like a fucking massive win for Mike. Time to give Pards an extension.

I don't know Ashley's thoughts, but finishing in the top 10 was the requirement this season so whether he's sacked or not he'd have failed if we drop to 11th.

If we finish out of the top ten, we don't have to pay out any bonuses. Why exactly would this annoy Ashley? :lol:

Hah yeah I thought about that, but seriously he wouldn't have offered the bonus if he didn't want us to finish top 10.

If we finish out of the top ten, we don't have to pay out any bonuses. Why exactly would this annoy Ashley? :lol:

Hah yeah I thought about that but then why even offer the bonus for 10th if he doesn't want that finish as a minimum requirement.

It's an incentive. If we're top half we're not going down, ergo he doesn't have to spend any money on the squad.

I don't know Ashley's thoughts, but finishing in the top 10 was the requirement this season so whether he's sacked or not he'd have failed if we drop to 11th.

I can't say I think finishing in the top 10 was a 'requirement' of Mike's.

Hah yeah I thought about that but then why even offer the bonus for 10th if he doesn't want that finish as a minimum requirement.

It's an incentive. If we're top half we're not going down, ergo he doesn't have to spend any money on the squad.

I suppose, but what's the difference now in TV money per place?, bonus likely pays for itself.

Well the club keep talking about top 10 and there's a bonus for everyone if they finish top 10, which I'm sure is sanctioned by Ashley.  Not claiming he'll be auto sacked if he finishes outside, just saying everything points to top 10 being the aim.

Well the club keep talking about top 10 and there's a bonus for everyone if they finish top 10, which I'm sure is sanctioned by Ashley.

I wouldn't pay the blindest bid of attention to what the club keep talking about. The club will make up all manner of nice sounding, yet attainable goals, and I'm sure they'd like to achieve them, but in reality, there is 1 goal - stay in the Premier League in order to advertise his #1 business.

Anyway, probably a bit off topic, but this topic might as well be 1 giant fucking tumbleweed.

Guest bimpy474

Fox sports in Holland linking is with Koeman. Won't happen obvs but you know

@TransferGer: Ronald Koeman weet niets af van enige interesse van Newcastle United in zijn diensten.(Fox Sports)

On a few Dutch outlets like

Hey ST, i dont speak freaky-deaky Dutch like.....

I suppose, but what's the difference now in TV money per place?, bonus likely pays for itself.

Was £755k last year, will probably be closer to £1.2m this time around. Our wage bill is around £60m, so it depends what the bonus is based on.

Either way I don't think he'll be crying if we finish 11th.

Guest bimpy474

Fox sports in Holland linking is with Koeman. Won't happen obvs but you know

@TransferGer: Ronald Koeman weet niets af van enige interesse van Newcastle United in zijn diensten.(Fox Sports)

On a few Dutch outlets like

Hey ST, i dont speak freaky-deaky Dutch like.....

:lol: it's him saying he's unaware of our interest. Which means nowt, but they have been reporting our interest over there on fox sports. A tiny grain if hope like

Ah cheers Bubba, well i'm hoping for sure.

Was £755k last year, will probably be closer to £1.2m this time around. Our wage bill is around £60m, so it depends what the bonus is based on.

Either way I don't think he'll be crying if we finish 11th.

Was it not £2m shared around the whole club when it was in the press pre-Alan Smith at HT.

Guest neesy111

Isn't Koeman shit? Remember his spell at Valencia where the players reportedly decided to play "their own way" in order to win Copa del Rey and not let him ruin their chances of winning the title.

He almost relegated them.  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Snotgrass.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-prepare-move-for-scotland-ace-snodgrass-1-6587680

NEWCASTLE United could turn to Robert Snodgrass this summer – with the club looking to buy British.

The Norwich City winger has just over a year left on his contract.

And the Gazette understands Snodgrass is a player who is interesting Newcastle.

The 26-year-old Glaswegian, strongly linked with a move to Celtic in January, is expected to leave Carrow Road in the summer after two years at the club.

United manager Alan Pardew, under intense pressure after a club-record run of six successive Premier League defeats, has already held transfer talks with owner Mike Ashley, managing director Lee Charnley and chief scout Graham Carr.

Pardew is keen for Newcastle, which has delved heavily into the French market in recent seasons, to sign more British talent.

The 52-year-old is a long-time admirer of Swansea City’s Jonjo Shelvey, who he handed his debut while manager of Charlton Athletic.

And Sunderland’s Tyneside-born midfielder Jack Colback, available on a free transfer, is another option.

While Pardew’s primary focus is United’s remaining two games, work is ongoing behind the scenes ahead of an anticipated summer of outgoings and incomings.

With the futures of wide men Hatem Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux, Jonas Gutierrez and Gabriel Obertan seemingly lying away from St James’s Park, Snodgrass is under consideration.

“Recruitment is obviously very important for next year,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“Our fans need to know we’re working hard on that. I can’t take my eye off that – I wouldn’t be doing the job if I did.

“But I know our fans are desperate for a result, and that’s been my main focus.”

Snodgrass joined Norwich from Championship club Leeds United, where he had been captain.

The Scotland international was involved in a confrontation with a number of home fans during Newcastle’s goalless draw at Norwich in January.

Snodgrass later apologised to the club’s supporters.

Gutierrez, meanwhile, is on a half-season loan at Norwich, but the odds of him making a permanent move to Carrow Road seemingly receded after former United manager Chris Hughton was dismissed by the club early this month.