NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16 goals in 21 league games also ring a bell?

Not that I believe the report like, but it would hardly be anything like the Luuk De Jong signing.

Sure. It was a great run of form. Still not a whole lot of information to go on about how he might do here.

Newcastle United are scouting the European Under-21 Championship for the best upcoming talent – and Czech Republic’s Ladislav Krejci is certainly interesting the Magpies.

The host nation’s star talent has been on Newcastle chief scout Graham Carr’s radar for a number of months and it is predicted that he will take the tournament by storm.

Having already netted twice in 13 senior Czech Republic caps, the Sparta Prague left-winger was recalled to the Under-21 side for a tournament they desperately hope to excel in and he started their opening 2-1 lost to Denmark on Wednesday.

BT Sport report that Krejci is on Newcastle’s radar and that a player dubbed as “the new Pavel Nedved” could be available for somewhere between £6-£10 million this summer.

With former Magpies goalkeeper Pavel Srnicek currently Sparta’s goalkeeping coach, Newcastle already have pretty strong connections to the former Czech champions and believe a deal could be done.

Krejci is renowned for his brilliant crossing ability and scored 11 goals in 51 starts across all competitions last season – including four in eight Europa League appearances.

The 5ft 10in winger has made 100 league appearances for Sparta since making his debut, scoring 21 times and winning four trophies – including two Czech titles.

Lets hope he paves the way for some lush wingers/attacking players to build off his solid, Giroud-esque footballing style. I'm sure that's what it is, not that he costs less in fees and wages and we'd again rather look at the potential bottom line than the potential to be bottom of the league.

At this point in time I'll just be happy of he tries and he scores some goals, that would put him streets ahead of the current knackers. As far as I'm concerned we have 1 striker worth really keeping hold of so anyone in is fine by me. Even if we brought Austin in I still wanted to see a faster, wide forward style player and this signing wouldn't change that. I'll just remind my self that I thought Pelle would be similarly crap and that turned out ok for Southampton.

Not that I believe the report like, but it would hardly be anything like the Luuk De Jong signing.

Luuk de Jong is a better player, and I'm not even joking.

Okay, but he was injured and unfit while he was here, and Pardew didn't exaclt have su playing anykind of decent football to create chances.

Come on now man.

Not convinced by Dost at all. Seems to need hyper service, not the type to create opp for himself...Had long lean periods and we can totally discount his efforts in the Dutch league.

Not convinced by Dost at all. Seems to need hyper service, not the type to create opp for himself...Had long lean periods and we can totally discount his efforts in the Dutch league.

I can't wait for him to start banging them in. You guys are despicable!  :lol:

Should be looking at someone like Immobile. Just had a rough season in Germany so might get on the cheap. Has the tools to be a good striker in the PL imo...Bit of pace, guile and determined.

Should be looking at someone like Immobile. Just had a rough season in Germany so might get on the cheap. Has the tools to be a good striker in the PL imo...Bit of pace, guile and determined.

Can't finish to save his life mind.

Can't finish to save his life mind.

Should fit in well then amirite

:snod: