NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:yao: De Telegraaf say a deal could be done today.

I'm getting to the point where I just want us to come out and say "look we ain't signing players because it costs money, deal with it", at least it would be honest and up front. All the promise of a new coaching setup and willing to give Schteve a chance but then fail to equip him with players capable of a top 8 challenge and lumbering him with Williamson etc

On the one hand I am convinced Wijnaldum will have better options than us, and on the other hand I think we can do better deals than him even in Holland. He's a good player but I'm not sure he is what we really need. We already have a number of attacking midfield players, whereas we are really light in the winger department. I can't see him being happy playing right wing for us long term. If memory serves this was exactly the reason he left Feyenoord for PSV a few seasons ago.

Edit: what TRC said basically

On the one hand I am convinced Wijnaldum will have better options than us, and on the other hand I think we can do better deals than him even in Holland. He's a good player but I'm not sure he is what we really need. We already have a number of attacking midfield players, whereas we are really light in the winger department. I can't see him being happy playing right wing for us long term. If memory serves this was exactly the reason he left Feyenoord for PSV a few seasons ago.

If it wasn't so unlike us to replace a player before selling, I'd be 100% convinced that this means Sissoko is off. As it is, I'm only about 95% certain of it.

CM/AM really isn't where we should be looking at players tbh, we've already got De Jong, Marveaux and Cabella fighting for a spot there (Cabella only if we sign some wingers). We need CBs, wingers and strikers before we even start looking at CM/AM.

If it wasn't so unlike us to replace a player before selling, I'd be 100% convinced that this means Sissoko is off. As it is, I'm only about 95% certain of it.

CM/AM really isn't where we should be looking at players tbh, we've already got De Jong, Marveaux and Cabella fighting for a spot there (Cabella only if we sign some wingers). We need CBs, wingers and strikers before we even start looking at CM/AM.

Aye, Sissoko leaving is the only logical explanation, but I can't see us get much more for Sissoko than what Wijnaldum would cost us, so that would make it a sideways move in every way imaginable.

Aye, Sissoko leaving is the only logical explanation, but I can't see us get much more for Sissoko than what Wijnaldum would cost us, so that would make it a sideways move in every way imaginable.

How would you rate Wijnaldum compared to Sissoko?

But a potentially huge step up in the "heart" dept.

But a potentially huge step up in the "heart" dept.

Aye, we can't be having players who don't want to play for NUFC. If we get Wijnaldum instead, good riddance.

However much De Jong could be an absolute key player for us, it would be suicide to rely on him being fit all season. Wijnaldum would be a great signing...but only if it's followed up with a lot more of equal quality.

How would you rate Wijnaldum compared to Sissoko?

Hmm, I would say about equal, but Wijnaldum is probably a bit more consistent. That said, he has not really been tested in a stronger competition than our Eredivisie and contrary to a lot of people I don't think he had a great World Cup, just a decent one.

Interesting if we sign him and keep Sissoko. What formation are they thinking about? If it's true that he doesn't wanna play on the wing, where the hell we fit them all?

4-6-0 with De Jong as a false nine? Sissoko and Wijnaldum behind him making runs, Tiote/Abeid as an anchorman and Cabella&Aarons on the wings?

Or just stick Sissoko on the right? Cisse up top, SDJ and GW behind him?

More likely we just sell Sissoko.

Guest taps01

According to the Mail a deal has been agreed with PSV now up to Winegum to decide if he wants to come.

Interesting if we sign him and keep Sissoko. What formation are they thinking about? If it's true that he doesn't wanna play on the wing, where the hell we fit them all?

4-6-0 with De Jong as a false nine? Sissoko and Wijnaldum behind him making runs, Tiote/Abeid as an anchorman and Cabella&Aarons on the wings?

Or just stick Sissoko on the right? Cisse up top, SDJ and GW behind him?

More likely we just sell Sissoko.

Since when does where someone is going to play fit into our transfer strategy?

FWIW Sissoko seems to have no issue playing wide I suppose.