NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not too concerned about a new leftback, would rather have two centerbacks and just let Haidara start at this point, mostly because I know we'll be lucky to get four signings and don't think leftback is as much of a priority. He's 22 now, has looked promising if a little raw, but he's going to develop further if he's playing.

In an ideal world i'd like 2 CB's as well, but if i had to chose i would go for a LB instead of another CB. A quality LB with end product makes such a massive difference! So does having two good CB as well, but not to the same degree imo.

Our CBs have been absolute fucking dogshit for the last few seasons though. Whereas Haidara has promise.

How many do we need to sign just to have parity with last season?

We've lost seven players since we last signed one (Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Jonas, Alnwick, R.Taylor & Sammy Ameobi).

:scared:

:lol: That's incredible.

Criminal. (Not Mike. Don't need that baggage.)

Not too concerned about a new leftback, would rather have two centerbacks and just let Haidara start at this point, mostly because I know we'll be lucky to get four signings and don't think leftback is as much of a priority. He's 22 now, has looked promising if a little raw, but he's going to develop further if he's playing.

In an ideal world i'd like 2 CB's as well, but if i had to chose i would go for a LB instead of another CB. A quality LB with end product makes such a massive difference! So does having two good CB as well, but not to the same degree imo.

Our CBs have been absolute f***ing dogshit for the last few seasons though. Whereas Haidara has promise.

I get your point, maybe i'm thinking like this because there's not a fucking chance we'll get 2 CB. Also, while i do agree that all we have is shit, one of them mig actually perform better than before with a quality centre half next to him in a functioning team.

Our CBs have been absolute f***ing dogshit for the last few seasons though. Whereas Haidara has promise.

Unfair to dogshit.

We need 5 minimum and quite frankly I'd be ok with it considering I expect closer to nothing.

I'd be okay with five players that are big improvements on what we've got, and no major outgoing (s**** like Obertan, Tiote, Williamson etc are free to leave any time they feel like it). If two or three of those five are "squad players", we're in deep s*** again.

Aye when I say 5, I mean 5 quality players that go straight into the team.

:lol: I'd be happy if I thought we'd make five quality signings over the next 3 years.

Same and funny enough all the positions mentioned on this page, are positions we had filled until Pardew decided to get rid of them. :yao:

We need 5 minimum and quite frankly I'd be ok with it considering I expect closer to nothing.

I'd be okay with five players that are big improvements on what we've got, and no major outgoing (s**** like Obertan, Tiote, Williamson etc are free to leave any time they feel like it). If two or three of those five are "squad players", we're in deep s*** again.

Aye when I say 5, I mean 5 quality players that go straight into the team.

:lol: I'd be happy if I thought we'd make five quality signings over the next 3 years.

Same and funny enough all the positions mentioned on this page, are positions we had filled until Pardew decided to get rid of them. :yao:

And he'll just sign them all again and look like a genius. Pretty soon it'll be Alan Pardew from his car window on deadline day while we loan out our first choice GK to save on wages.

Wouldn't esnt to rely on Haidara too much as he will likely get injured.

The guy must be carrying a boot magnet or something the way everyone keeps kicking him down.

I get your point, maybe i'm thinking like this because there's not a fucking chance we'll get 2 CB. Also, while i do agree that all we have is shit, one of them mig actually perform better than before with a quality centre half next to him in a functioning team.

I'd like to see Haidara given the chance to start 30+ matches this season, I think he's really got talent. As I've said, I'm also of the opinion that Lascelles and Dummett should start at CB barring any additions; Colo/Willo/Saylor have nothing more to offer this club.

If we were to add someone like Matip, a proven top-level CB, I agree that that would probably go a long way to helping make our other CBs play a lot better.

Perhaps the only position with which I'd be perfectly fine with the club employing its usual "player in, player out" transfer policy is CB. Because that triumvirate of shit does more harm than good by sticking around.

Though it'd probably be a case of adding Matip and selling one of Lascelles/Dummett/Good instead of the three dunces.

I thought Lascelles struggled to get into the Nottingham Forest side last season?

..and people want him starting for us?

You'd prefer to start the known quantities Colo, Willo, or Saylor?

I'd prefer to let the young, talented CB take his licks and gain PL experience.

I thought Lascelles struggled to get into the Nottingham Forest side last season?

Ahead of Williamson? Any day of the week.

You'd prefer to start the known quantities Colo, Willo, or Saylor?

I'd prefer to let the young, talented CB take his licks and gain PL experience.

No, I'd prefer a new CB alongside probably Colo.  Like someone said in the other thread, one of Colo, Taylor or Williamson is going to be a starter, 100%.  Colo is dodgy as it is, never mind with a young Prem debutant alongside him.  Get someone like Matip who can come straight into the side in. Ideally get rid of Williamson and have Taylor and Lascelles as back up. Maybe next season Lascelles might be better, but to suggest chucking him in as a starter now (even more so after his last season) is a bit silly imo

Probably guesswork but a nice thought.

Reckon we will definitely get Winegum but not so sure about Mitrovic, seems like there are conflicting reports.

Much rather we spent that £28m on Austin and a CB.  Cough up the £15m QPR wanted, and there's £13m for a quality CB.

Instead we get another midfielder to add to the 12+ we already have and an unproven striker who seems like a right twat