NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Times reckons we are favourites to land Nicolas N'Koulou the Marseilles defender. No idea if he's a cb but I would assume so.

Didn't someone on here create a rumour about him? :lol: Been linked a lot with him before as well mind.

The Times reckons we are favourites to land Nicolas N'Koulou the Marseilles defender. No idea if he's a cb but I would assume so.

Only 5'10 though :(

Does anyone know if he's capable of leading the defence?

Marseille pretty much fell apart when he got injured, before that they were kind of challenging for the title. I'm not sure if it was the exact timing of events but i read something about it.

Does anyone know if he's capable of leading the defence?

What's the point in buying yet another short centre back? Does Carr not realise we are playing in the premier and not Serie A?

'OM president Labrune confirms Nicolas N'Koulou will not be sold this summer- and likely to quit for free in 2016. Lyon, Newcastle interested'

@mohammedali_93 on Twitter. Guy is pretty reliable, knows his stuff.

Would absolutely not sell Cabella for Thauvin. Madness.

I'd really like a quality PL established CB who we won't have to worry about bedding in which would allow us to take a chance on someone like MYM again but for the life of me I can't think of anyone remotely sensible that we could get. Unless Jan Vertonghen fancies slumming it?

He's a lot like MYM in the sense that he's quick across the ground and comfortable on the ball but he's a lot more physical.

If we buy him we need to hope Lascelles develops quickly :lol:

It's almost as though Carr is mad we lost MYM, and has gone right in for a similar style of defender now Pardew is gone!  :lol:

5'11 according to Wiki.

6'5 according to College dropout.

5'11 according to Wiki.

6'5 according to College dropout.

:spit:

before winegum i'd have agreed but we've got AM's falling over themselves

if we swapped cabella for a player who is comfortable and actually good in wide positions then i could like with it i reckon, as long as there was a tactical reason behind it because we've no wide players and millions who can play centrally (cabella might make it wide in a better team with more movement but i'm not convinced)

if we swapped cabella for a player who is comfortable and actually good in wide positions then i could like with it i reckon, as long as there was a tactical reason behind it because we've no wide players and millions who can play centrally (cabella might make it wide in a better team with more movement but i'm not convinced)

Although he can play there, Winegum is gonna play CM as he played there all last season.

Although he can play there, Winegum is gonna play CM as he played there all last season.

come on this has been on repeat for days

cabella, de jong & perez are all arguably number 10's or whatever you want to call that position behind the striker and winegum can play there at a push as can vuckic

short story we're well covered there and if we have a choice to swap cabella for a top class wide man we'd be mental not to take it, though in an ideal world i'd get shot of de jong because i'm convinced he'll barely ever play for the club