NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Douglas reckons we want two CBs, winger and a striker.

Kind of hope he's wrong tbh.

As in a LB instead of another striker? In this case i agree :thup:  (if Cissé stays of course)

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Douglas reckons we want two CBs, winger and a striker.

Unfortunately, What we WANT and what we GET tend to be 2 entirely different things.

Us needing Centre Backs has been the topic of conversation for the past 6 transfer Windows.. (at least)

You need all of that, probably. Cissé looks like a goner.

If Cisse goes then yeah, but now we have Mitrovic I don't see the need for someone like Austin as they seemingly do similar things. If we have to replace Cisse I'd prefer now we have Mitrovic to get someone with more pace.

You need all of that, probably. Cissé looks like a goner.

If Cisse goes then yeah, but now we have Mitrovic I don't see the need for someone like Austin as they seemingly do similar things. If we have to replace Cisse I'd prefer now we have Mitrovic with someone with more pace.

Formation wise I couldn't see it working but player wise I think they could work well with Mitrovic playing the Zamora role. Noticed he lays a lot off with chest and head.

Why do you hope he's wrong? I'd be shocked if we pushed the boat out so far lol

I agree but assuming he's right I think we need a LB more than a striker, especially if the striker is Austin who would be wasted now we have Mitrovic IMO.

If we could pull that off I would be staggered tbh, would really round out the squad.

I agree but assuming he's right I think we need a LB more than a striker, especially if the striker is Austin who would be wasted now we have Mitrovic IMO.

Not sure there should be a priority for a LB, over those positions. LB is not as impactful a position and one we have in desperate need that CB, winger and  another striker. Personally I'm fine with Haidara and Dummett back him up for now, if we have money left over to upgrade then fine but I'd rather see those other positions upgraded first.

Depends who the LB is tbf, if it's someone who can actually cross a ball then it could be very impactful.

I just think we are much weaker at that position than we are upfront now.

The best word used on this forum today.

Yep, a quality LB with end product (crossing) has more of an impact than a striker sitting on the bench imo. Add another quality striker and no fucking way will he or Mitrovic wanna spend time on the bench. We're not up there with the top clubs that we're able to have many quality strikers, especially if we plan to play only one at the time (With Cissé staying)

What about Michael Johnson, free transfer. Used to be very good for City under Sven-Göran Eriksson. Replace Colback.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2013/1/15/1358250281908/Michael-Johnson-008.jpg

What about Michael Johnson, free transfer. Used to be very good for City under Sven-Göran Eriksson. Replace Colback.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2013/1/15/1358250281908/Michael-Johnson-008.jpg

Woah, I went to wiki and he actually has been without a club since he was 24. What a waste.