NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I read in the news this morning that Steven caulker is available for around £8m from QPR, why don't we do a double deal for austin and him? He was decent a couple of years back...

I read in the news this morning that Steven caulker is available for around £8m from QPR, why don't we do a double deal for austin and him? He was decent a couple of years back...

Think Caulker is off to Southampton

Caulker looks poor every time I've seen him. He's been relegated last two years on the trot. Don't see what others see in him.

I thought he was quality when he was at Spurs but not sure what's happened. We need a cast iron no-risk CB really, a proper leader. 

He's bang average like a lot of the prem experience players people want us to buy, I'd much rather risk buying a highly rated foreigner than the majority of crap we can get in this league.

There's a reason a vast majority of teams in this league cannot defend very well at all.

Guest Roger Kint

He's bang average like a lot of the prem experience players people want us to buy, I'd much rather risk buying a highly rated foreigner than the majority of crap we can get in this league.

There's a reason a vast majority of teams in this league cannot defend very well at all.

Think i would rather have Chester and thats saying something :lol: Refuse to believe we cant find a better alternative for less than the £8M+ he would cost

Newcastle are considering a move for Benfica midfielder Filip Djuricic, sources have told ESPN FC.

Djuricic, 23, spent the second half of last season on loan at Southampton, making nine appearances, but the Saints decided not to make the move permanent.

The Serbia international finds himself down the pecking order at Benfica, who are open to the idea of either loaning him out again or selling him.

Newcastle have had a long-term interest in Djuricic, and considered a move before he went to Southampton.

Newcastle boss Steve McClaren is looking to add some creativity to his midfield and is an admirer of Djuricic, having faced the former Heerenveen as a manager in the Netherlands.

Caulker looks poor every time I've seen him. He's been relegated last two years on the trot. Don't see what others see in him.

I thought he was quality when he was at Spurs but not sure what's happened. We need a cast iron no-risk CB really, a proper leader. 

How many of his 18 games did you see?

Hoping an out of blue link or deal can be struck for someone soon...sheer lack of activity since securing Mitrovich and Mbemba is frustrating. We desperately need another CB and a Winger at minimum capable of starting immediately.

Guest Rotor900

Caulker was mint at Swansea playing with Ashley Williams. He was decent for Cardiff as well, but didn't have too much help tbf. Last year he was downright awful.

Caulker was mint at Swansea playing with Ashley Williams. He was decent for Cardiff as well, but didn't have too much help tbf. Last year he was downright awful.

I.E. Williams was the class.

Guest Rotor900

I.E. Williams was the class.

Exactly. I think he can make any partner look decent.

Where we linked with the Genk CB Kara Mbodji? Anyways supposedly he is available for 5 million euros.

Could possibly see us going back for him assuming Colo and Willo leave.

We were. He'd certainly make up for Mbemba's lack of height - could be quite a duo, actually.