NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

if that's it now for spending and no-one else goes for big money where does that leave us roughly with the money in the bank, profit and all that s***?

34 million profit last year, around the same spent.on players. that'll be it until next year. spend what the club makes. this is how it will always be.

Probably to be expected to be honest. There's no chance in hell we'll be willing to finance more deals if we're still paying stupid wages to the likes of Williamson, Riviere, Gouffran, Taylor etc. I'd imagine most clubs would be the same as well. Free up space on the wage bill and then continue with your shopping.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we're working on one or two things that we can green light once we have sold a couple.

As If those shit players are on "stupid wages".

Depressing as fuck. One f the weakest squads in the league last season and still no better off, really.Villa, Mackems and Palace are making decent signings and we're going to be left behind. Bolt the cart on, ffs.

It's just a shift in strategy from buying more players for less to buying less for more to give the impression we have some ambition.

I know the club has more cash on hand than we've spent and that's without favouring the 25 million black hole from the last published accounts.

Williamson is still on the same contract that he signed while in the Championship, isn't he? He'll be on low wages, the rest of them will be on fairly high wages aye,

Signed a deal in 2010 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9255708.stm

Likewise Taylor - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8226845/Newcastle-Uniteds-Steven-Taylor-signs-contract-extension.html

Probably to be expected to be honest. There's no chance in hell we'll be willing to finance more deals if we're still paying stupid wages to the likes of Williamson, Riviere, Gouffran, Taylor etc. I'd imagine most clubs would be the same as well. Free up space on the wage bill and then continue with your shopping.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we're working on one or two things that we can green light once we have sold a couple.

If Cisse, Tiote or Coloccini leave, then we might spend again. The first two would command a decent fee, and Colo leaving would be a big wage out the door. The rest of the dross like Obertan, Gouffran, Williamson etc aren't going to bring in or free up enough money to make Ashley think it worthwhile replacing them, so they'll be here for another season at least.

Williamson is still on the same contract that he signed while in the Championship, isn't he? He'll be on low wages, the rest of them will be on fairly high wages aye,

Signed a deal in 2010 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9255708.stm

Likewise Taylor - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8226845/Newcastle-Uniteds-Steven-Taylor-signs-contract-extension.html

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-contract-offer-steven-taylor-4446569

Reports have claimed Taylor was asking for as much as £60,000-a-week to sign a new deal, although this has been disputed by his camp.

Nevertheless, given the Academy graduate is already on an estimated £40,000 a week, it is reasonable to assume he is looking for some sort of increase before he agrees to remain on Tyneside.

@LukeEdwardsTele  18m18 minutes ago

Unless #nufc sell someone, I wouldn't be surprised if they have finished player recruitment in this window

He's been fairly spot on for most things this window. Given we've spent the spare cash we had in the bank it'd not be a great surprise.

Correction: the spare cash we had in the bank this time last year.

As If those s*** players are on "stupid wages".

Of course they will be. You don't think Taylor, Gouffran, Williamson etc will all be on upwards of 40K?

Taylor possibly but bare in mind Colo is our highest paid player on 60k a week I doubt Willo and Gouffran are on anything close to that.

Plus it's just besides the point we have no ambition it's business as usual as far is the club is concerned and the only goal is to stay in the league with minimal outlay.

@LukeEdwardsTele  18m18 minutes ago

Unless #nufc sell someone, I wouldn't be surprised if they have finished player recruitment in this window

He's been fairly spot on for most things this window. Given we've spent the spare cash we had in the bank it'd not be a great surprise.

I think that is what we're all thinking to be honest.

What a fucken joke but is anyone surprised?

Such a shame Cabella and Riviere weren't fit in pre-season man.

Really needed those two to get work in to see if they could improve.

Very frustrating.

Looking at the rest of Riviere's shit career probably overwhelming dispels any number of minutes against the likes of York City.

Such a shame Cabella and Riviere weren't fit in pre-season man.

Really needed those two to get work in to see if they could improve.

Very frustrating.

Looking at the rest of Riviere's s*** career probably overwhelming dispels any number of minutes against the likes of York City.

:lol: poor Riviere man.

Still think he'll prove to be better than what he has shown so far.