NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Such a shame Cabella and Riviere weren't fit in pre-season man.

Really needed those two to get work in to see if they could improve.

Very frustrating.

Looking at the rest of Riviere's s*** career probably overwhelming dispels any number of minutes against the likes of York City.

:lol: poor Riviere man.

Still think he'll prove to be better than what he has shown so far.

Aye, one (scuffed) league goal in an entire season. He can only prove to be better than that. Though he'll still be shit.

Our squad has slightly improved and our coaches have heavily improved. It's still disappointing to not get more, like.

If we only get one more I hope it's a central defender. Then we are banking on McClaren to get the best out of Cabella et al.

Sky Sports transfer center:

21:50

PREM DUO EYE SHAQIRI

Reports in Italy say that both Everton and Newcastle are following Xherdan Shaqiri.

The player is reportedly included in Inter's list of players to be sold this summer.

He refused recently to move to Stoke City, while rumours linkd him also to Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund persist.

Sky Sports transfer center:

21:50

PREM DUO EYE SHAQIRI

Reports in Italy say that both Everton and Newcastle are following Xherdan Shaqiri.

The player is reportedly included in Inter's list of players to be sold this summer.

He refused recently to move to Stoke City, while rumours linkd him also to Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund persist.

Doubt it - they couldn't wait to deny this one.

Our summer business has been to sign two young, albeit highly regarded, lads, one of whom is supposed to plug a gap in one of the worst defences in the league last year, and Wijnaldum.

We've no leaders on the pitch aside from Janmaat, and more or less naff all experience. Top work chaps.

Guest antz1uk

watching that episode 4 of nufc 247 was like watching a seto of kids off on a school trip, there was no one senior anywhere and it just looked like the kids were having a great time away.

Just reading that rubbish about Barton in the Chronicle. Poll at the bottom has 75% of our fans in favour of signing him again :lol:

Probably to be expected to be honest. There's no chance in hell we'll be willing to finance more deals if we're still paying stupid wages to the likes of Williamson, Riviere, Gouffran, Taylor etc. I'd imagine most clubs would be the same as well. Free up space on the wage bill and then continue with your shopping.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we're working on one or two things that we can green light once we have sold a couple.

Does the PL have a wage budget cap like La Liga?

Guest neesy111

Probably to be expected to be honest. There's no chance in hell we'll be willing to finance more deals if we're still paying stupid wages to the likes of Williamson, Riviere, Gouffran, Taylor etc. I'd imagine most clubs would be the same as well. Free up space on the wage bill and then continue with your shopping.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if we're working on one or two things that we can green light once we have sold a couple.

Does the PL have a wage budget cap like La Liga?

Nope.

Our summer business has been to sign two young, albeit highly regarded, lads, one of whom is supposed to plug a gap in one of the worst defences in the league last year, and Wijnaldum.

We've no leaders on the pitch aside from Janmaat, and more or less naff all experience. Top work chaps.

Not sure about that, although time will tell.  Wijnaldum and De Jong were both club captains, I also think Mitrovic will have the same effect as a leader given his determination/lack of fear and Mbemba seems to have the right qualities not to accept the shite that has gone on before, hence will probably add to what Janmaat does at the back.  Definitely stronger then last season but as I say, time will tell.