NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If it's ~£5 million, then fine. Unless we're selling someone, I don't think he's be tahat useful, though. He'd play the same positions as Thauvin who's barely getting a game as it is and still deserves a chance.

I'd rather us strengthen in other positions.

I find the faith in Sissoko as a CM hilarious. 3 managers have been here, he's started as CM..... has he ever? It's not going to happen.

Says more about the managers tbh, the fact his international manager has more faith in him as a CM says it all. Not to mention he was a CM before he came here.

Never seen him play in a midfield 2 for France. I've seen him on the right hand side of a midfield 3.... a shuttler... but not in a two.

If it's ~£5 million, then fine. Unless we're selling someone, I don't think he's be tahat useful, though. He'd play the same positions as Thauvin who's barely getting a game as it is and still deserves a chance.

I'd rather us strengthen in other positions.

Everything I've read and heard in the press has suggested it'd be a loan with a potential permanent deal in the summer.

I met Dyer as I was coming out of the cinema once, stopped to shake my hand, seemed to be willing to meet with supporters despite him just wanting a night out.

He may have been young and stupid, but I don't think he was ever malice.

TBF He may have thought he was doing his bit for charity.

Whatever happens at Spurs, McClaren could do with his squad being strengthened next month but he said he had still to discuss potential activity with Newcastle’s board. “We haven’t spoken about January, absolutely not,” he said. “Things are going on in the background but our sole focus has been results – one game at a time. We have four games before January and after that we’ll see where we are.”

:thup:

The two things aren't linked in any way, of course.

Whatever happens at Spurs, McClaren could do with his squad being strengthened next month but he said he had still to discuss potential activity with Newcastle’s board. “We haven’t spoken about January, absolutely not,” he said. “Things are going on in the background but our sole focus has been results – one game at a time. We have four games before January and after that we’ll see where we are.”

They were talking about it back in fucking September or October, but not now? Is that cause we won a game for a change or what? :lol:

They were talking about it back in fucking September or October, but not now? Is that cause we won a game for a change or what? :lol:

did i imagine that he'd repeatedly mentioned them talking about the transfer window and transfer strategy as we were getting humped week in week out? :lol:

Carr pretty much has the final say on who to go for, they have a bloke called Steve Nickson who is supposedly very good at identifying talent (Perez for example) however, it is Carr who is the go/ no go bloke. Carr has been a manager and a scout for a long long time; you therefore have to seriously question some of our summer transfers, especially the Thauvin deal. We know the model but the model also has to fit the team needs. Carr needs to get more criticism and you would be forgiven for asking what's in it for him.

Carr pretty much has the final say on who to go for, they have a bloke called Steve Nickson who is supposedly very good at identifying talent (Perez for example) however, it is Carr who is the go/ no go bloke. Carr has been a manager and a scout for a long long time; you therefore have to seriously question some of our summer transfers, especially the Thauvin deal. We know the model but the model also has to fit the team needs. Carr needs to get more criticism and you would be forgiven for asking what's in it for him.

We go round in circles with Carr and the 'failed' transfers and no one, either those who blame him or those who don't, really know the full extent of what goes on and just how highly he rates the players we end up buying. Nor, I suppose, how heavily weighted the 'potential' factor is these days, I suspect very personally.

I'm inclined to believe a lot of the issues will lie at Charnley's door because he seems like he's incapable of reconciling the reality of what's going on on the pitch with his balance sheets.  Sticking with Pardew and Carver prove this beyond doubt. 

Also it wasn't Carr who extended Colo's contract, supposedly against the wishes of the head coach who asked for an upgrade at CB, for example.

We go round in circles with Carr and the 'failed' transfers and no one, either those who blame him or those who don't, really know the full extent of what goes on and just how highly he rates the players we end up buying. Nor, I suppose, how heavily weighted the 'potential' factor is these days, I suspect very personally.

I'm inclined to believe a lot of the issues will lie at Charnley's door because he seems like he's incapable of reconciling the reality of what's going on on the pitch with his balance sheets.  Sticking with Pardew and Carver prove this beyond doubt. 

Also it wasn't Carr who extended Colo's contract, supposedly against the wishes of the head coach who asked for an upgrade at CB, for example.

I'm told that Carr has more influence than Charnley, Colo's contract was extended due to inability to bring in another CB. I've no doubt that McClaren would love to bring his own players in but that's not the case.

You have to wonder what Agents do with all the money they receive from a transfer and where it all ends up. You have Agents agitating for moves where their own player doesn't want to move and where clubs don't actually need the player. Yet these transfers still happen.

I'm told that Carr has more influence than Charnley, Colo's contract was extended due to inability to bring in another CB. I've no doubt that McClaren would love to bring his own players in but that's not the case.

You have to wonder what Agents do with all the money they receive from a transfer and where it all ends up. You have Agents agitating for moves where their own player doesn't want to move and where clubs don't actually need the player. Yet these transfers still happen.

Hads on. Colo extended because we couldn't bring in another CB but Carr has more say? Makes no sense whatsoever. Carr doesn't control the purse strings, not a fucking chance, and the chances he couldn't identify a better CB than Colo are also less than zero.

It shows their incompetence if they are unable to bring in another centre back - whether that comes down to scouting, negotiations, budget.  As usual, it will end up costing them a lot more because I am sure that Colo would not have signed a new contract on reduced wages so they will up either having a very expensive reserve or having to pay him off.  They have needed another CB for years and to say they can't get one is just not credible.

It seems as if they don't get their first choice (i.e. the one that they end up deciding to pursue who is probably 6th on the list in the anyway) that everything grinds to a halt and they move on to another position.

Hads on. Colo extended because we couldn't bring in another CB but Carr has more say? Makes no sense whatsoever. Carr doesn't control the purse strings, not a f***ing chance, and the chances he couldn't identify a better CB than Colo are also less than zero.

I mean, he did, or a least identify new CBs or partners. That Douglas fella, that was X'd by that senile chap. There was MYM who was the replacement, that Carver/Pardew/Charnley showed the door to and then subsequently issued these odd loan deals whereby even if they go on and become what they were supposed to be, a pre-negotiated fee and appearance clause forces the deal to auto-trigger. Again, stupid business. Then there is Toby Alderweireld who Southampton and Spurs were able to get over us despite us having looked at him for an eternity. Now, would these guys have been perfect for us at the end of the day long-term, who knows...

Hads on. Colo extended because we couldn't bring in another CB but Carr has more say? Makes no sense whatsoever. Carr doesn't control the purse strings, not a f***ing chance, and the chances he couldn't identify a better CB than Colo are also less than zero.

I mean, he did, or a least identify new CBs or partners. That Douglas fella, that was X'd by that senile chap. There was MYM who was the replacement, that Carver/Pardew/Charnley showed the door to and then subsequently issued these odd loan deals whereby even if they go on and become what they were supposed to be, a pre-negotiated fee and appearance clause forces the deal to auto-trigger. Again, stupid business. Then there is Toby Alderweireld who Southampton and Spurs were able to get over us despite us having looked at him for an eternity. Now, would these guys have been perfect for us at the end of the day long-term, who knows...

All Carr's fault though...

Im not even a football scout and know Van Dijk, James Chester, Jonny Evans, Nastasic and Niklas Sule were all available in the summer are in within our price range (10m) and will probably double in value if they play well enough in the Premier League.

They just wanted scrimp and save and make do with Colo. More money in the bank meaning more interest.

It's down to Charnley to do the financial side of the deals Carr has the say who to go for. Carr could have said if we can't get another CB in because Charnley couldn't agree a deal that we'd save that money for another go in January but we signed Thauvin. Who benefited from that?