NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you lot think we will move on some free signings? Can imagine Carrick being an obvious target but there are also players like Sessengnon and Flamini who would flourish down a tier.

I'd like to see us go for players that are young, hungry and could grow with the club, like Lacselles.

Most Championship clubs loan players from the Premiership and elsewhere. I can see us going down that route and we may have the best pick of them if we keep Rafa.

As for free transfers, I'm sure we'll look to see if there's any decent players available. Carrick is 34. How long is he going to keep playing for?

Do you lot think we will move on some free signings? Can imagine Carrick being an obvious target but there are also players like Sessengnon and Flamini who would flourish down a tier.

I'd like to see us go for players that are young, hungry and could grow with the club, like Lacselles.

We need both and why we fail all the time. Carsick would be great, not so sure on sess.

Carrick has never relied on pace so wouldn't be adverse to seeing him here. We do need young hungry players but supposedly we had a lot of those this season. Carrick would be an upgrade on our cms so for me I would be happy enough with that. However, I could see him with a lower end PL club. I assume Chelsea may have a few decent youngsters available for loan next season, a few have played this season getting a taste for it and I would imagine Conte wanting his own 'superstars'

Carrick has never relied on pace so wouldn't be adverse to seeing him here. We do need young hungry players but supposedly we had a lot of those this season. Carrick would be an upgrade on our cms so for me I would be happy enough with that. However, I could see him with a lower end PL club. I assume Chelsea may have a few decent youngsters available for loan next season, a few have played this season getting a taste for it and I would imagine Conte wanting his own 'superstars'

I'd buy/loan Nathan Ake for LB if he'd play in the Championship, might not be top draw but solid enough for that league and could develop into a Premiership LB. He had a decent enough season in Premiership this season with Watford.

Loftus Cheek in CM on loan, he would play every game which he doesn't now. Probably wouldn't drop a league and but it's worth asking (Conte might fancy him though, so i know it's unlikely).

Just throwning a couple of names in.

I think we need a few older players in team alongside our current young players. Worry with Carrick would be he likes the space to play and I think we would be better with aggressive and physical midfield.

Pay the fucking money for a proven striker at Championship or above level.

Use the loan system to get some talented youngsters from the Chelskis and Man Citehs and blend with seasoned pros.

Easier said than done when the fucking Chuckle brothers are making the decisions,

Lambert has hardly played for 2 years now and is 34. There are no guarantees he'd score goals. I'd take him as a squad player to take some of the pressure off Mitrovic though.

He's a far far better striker than mitrovic and 34 means nothing, Defoe is 33 has just singlehandedly kept the mackems up and talk of an England recall

We need to get away from this ageist bullshit

Lambert has hardly played for 2 years now and is 34. There are no guarantees he'd score goals. I'd take him as a squad player to take some of the pressure off Mitrovic though.

He's a far far better striker than mitrovic and 34 means nothing, Defoe is 33 has just singlehandedly kept the mackems up and talk of an England recall

While i'm not a fan of Lambert, what you said is one of the many reason were where we are now, not signing older experienced players when we need one, or one that suits our team.

Junior Hoillett out of contract this summer :fwap:

Also didn't know Tom Carroll is out of contract, could be a decent signing. In a really left field suggestion, based on the few Championship games and highlights I've seen, I'd have a look at Johann Berg Gudmundsson from Charlton (aye I know Charlton were relegated)

Defoe is a completely different player and has been playing regularly for the last 18 months. How many starts has Lambert made in that time? Can't exactly remember him doing anything of note for Liverpool or WBA when he has started either. He'd get a dozen or so goals for us in The Championship but Mitrovic would get more imo. Nothing to do with 'age', I've just said I'd happily sign Carrick, but it is harder when he hasn't been playing as regular.

While i'm not a fan of Lambert, what you said is one of the many reason were where we are now, not signing older experienced players when we need one, or one that suits our team.

There's old and then there's old. NUFC wouldn't sign players over 28. That doesn't mean we should get players who are 34 and over now. Most players (apart from goalkeepers) are at the end of their career by 34. I'm all for signing players who are over 28. Anyone signed over 30 must get a suitable length contract though.

I'd be surprised if Carrick didn't think he has a couple more years left at the top level. Darren Fletcher has managed to resurrect his career and Carrick is much better than he ever was. Unless he's desperate to do a Downing, I'd be surprised to see him here

There's old and then there's old. NUFC wouldn't sign players over 28. That doesn't mean we should get players who are 34 and over now. Most players (apart from goalkeepers) are at the end of their career by 34. I'm all for signing players who are over 28. Anyone signed over 30 must get a suitable length contract though.

Aye, agree with that.

Also didn't know Tom Carroll is out of contract, could be a decent signing. In a really left field suggestion, based on the few Championship games and highlights I've seen, I'd have a look at Johann Berg Gudmundsson from Charlton (aye I know Charlton were relegated)

I'd be all about Tom Carroll, good player IMO. You rate Hoillett?

I'd be all about Tom Carroll, good player IMO. You rate Hoillett?

Nah but we got linked with him years ago and he's gone steadily downhill ever since. Can't even get a game for a midtable Championship game now