NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shawcross would need his f***ing head looked at if he signed for us.

Newcastle with Shawcross >> Stoke with Shawcross imo.

:thup:

He's an 8/10 defender at best but he really does represent so much of what we're crying out for as a team and a club.

CB CM LB GK, backup RB and striker. Eventually need natural width as well with real wingers

Mitro, Perez Wijnaldum + new CM, Mbemba + New CB + new GK need to be our spine come January. Add to that a left back. Eventually need to figure out a good pacy winger who is first team quality too.

:thup:

I agree, i'd be amazed (surprised) if we signed as many as two though :lol:

We might be forced to expedite those earmarked for the summer like we did when we nearly went down last time. Desperate times calls for desperate action.

As much as I like De Jong, I know he should be sold back to holland so he can salvage his career. Thauvin I'm willing to give time to but he's gotta earn it and I'm willing to give him time.

We need another Mitrovic and another Perez second striker of varying talent. We need to stop buying #10 hybrids too

As much as I like De Jong, I know he should be sold back to holland so he can salvage his career. Thauvin I'm willing to give time to but he's gotta earn it and I'm willing to give him time.

We need another Mitrovic and another Perez second striker of varying talent. We need to stop buying #10 hybrids too

Just ridiculous how we signed De Jong and Cabella, like - just never, ever going to work. To think of the amount of sheep who were buzzing at the back end of last summer, having finished 10th then signed a load of players. Virtually none of which were ever going to be any good.

Why does Shawcross' name get mentioned on here often? Has there been any solid links between us and him previously or is it just a fantasy of some on here to sign him?

It's not realistic at all - he doesn't fit the blueprint and wouldn't come here anyway.

If we follow the infamous blueprint who would be Carr's top picks (ie the most expensive ones who probably wouldn't come anyway?)

CB - Matip?

CM - Xhaka?

CF - Lacazette?

Obviously it's highly unlikely we would get any of these but I do think we will have to splash some serious cash to fix the mess we are in. If not its almost certain that we will be relegated.

Shawcross is 28, he's practically in a wheelchair. Who would we sell him to?

Even though I completely agree that he'd have to be off his tits to come here, that in itself is a disgraceful indictment on the state of the club. Stoke City ffs.

Sissoko is one of our best players and I really do love watching him destroy people on the counter, but I'm convinced the only way forward for our team is to build a midfield spine of Wijnladum + New CM/DM, Ayoze and Mitrovic up top, and 2 genuine real wingers with blistering pace to stretch and get beyond their fullbacks and deliver crosses to Mitrovic and Ayoze. This also includes adding a new LB to balance that left side as we are incredibly weak on that side right now.

Sissoko is one of our best players and I really do love watching him destroy people on the counter, but I'm convinced the only way forward for our team is to build a midfield spine of Wijnladum + New CM/DM, Ayoze and Mitrovic up top, and 2 genuine real wingers with blistering pace to stretch and get beyond their fullbacks and deliver crosses to Mitrovic and Ayoze. This also includes adding a new LB to balance that left side as we are incredibly weak on that side right now.

Maybe but no offence but that's kind of fairytale stuff that is never going to happen. That's 5 really good players we'd have to add and that's without even getting someone instead of Colo

Maybe but no offence but that's kind of fairytale stuff that is never going to happen. That's 5 really good players we'd have to add and that's without even getting someone instead of Colo

I'm simply stating the only way things will start working for us is if we do that.

I don't believe we'll be doing that.

I believe we're going to struggle all season.

A passing midfielder and a centre half would be my first purchases. Don't think we'd be too bad then. Obviously left back as well but to a certain extent you can get away with a bad left back

Same feelings, the CM has to be able to cover ground and tackle though. Passing nice after that.

A passing midfielder and a centre half would be my first purchases. Don't think we'd be too bad then. Obviously left back as well but to a certain extent you can get away with a bad left back

Same feelings, the CM has to be able to cover ground and tackle though. Passing nice after that.

Think the passing is more important. Our two best passers of the ball are probably our two centre halves

After the CH and LB issues this is key for me too.

Genuine width seems to be making a bit of a resurgence. Sissoko is the one I would let go too. He is still a bit square peg round hole for me, bit of a neither one thing nor tother player.

New CM to partner Wijnaldum and width would be tremendous...Dream land of course, but tremendous.