NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well to be fair he isn't even getting a game for Swansea.  Tottenham might be prepared to play hardball with unwanted players but that doesn't mean Swansea will.  On the other hand I'm really not sure if Shelvey is the answer to be honest..

Just the 18 games this season right? We'll run a mile when they tell us their price and he isn't even that good.

16 games, but only one start and two sub appearances from the last seven matches, and no he isn't that good IMO.  But he's still better than Townsend.

Just the 18 games this season right? We'll run a mile when they tell us their price and he isn't even that good.

16 games, but only one start and two sub appearances from the last seven matches, and no he isn't that good IMO.  But he's still better than Townsend.

You have to look at equivalents for the price and you think Allon went for 15m and Rodwell around the 10m mark unless he's had a major falling out we're not getting Shelvey on the cheap.

It also seems unlikely his value will increase that much in years to come so it's surely a non starter.

I mean we've been acutely aware of our issues pretty much all season. Leaking goals, not creating chances, can't control game from centre, not scoring enough goals, poor finishing in the final third etc.

I would have hoped we would have been going mad in December to wrap deals up for targets so come first week of January, boom you've brought in two or three that you desperately need. They get maximum time to gel and impact the first team, help us start winning. I don't get a sense that we are anywhere near a deal for first team players, other than balking at the price of Townsend.

This week would have been a perfect time to bring players in, FA cup weekend, introduce them to the club spend time training but don't play them in game.  They could get used to the rest of the playing staff and the coaching methods and be ready for their first league appearance.

Nah, lets not do that.  Way to sensible.

You have to look at equivalents for the price and you think Allon went for 15m and Rodwell around the 10m mark unless he's had a major falling out we're not getting Shelvey on the cheap.

It also seems unlikely his value will increase that much in years to come so it's surely a non starter.

Allon [emoji1]

Guest Roger Kint

"United are looking for first-team ready players who can lift the squad going into a testing second half of the season. Untried gambles are not top of the hit-list."

aye we'll fucking see about that :lol:

Someone slap Charnleys smug bracket on this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3-Lt7C9RsLLWrh6JsJRP7IHMRrxME84P7tOPRbQ2v3EZK2hfaJMRluA

I mean we've been acutely aware of our issues pretty much all season. Leaking goals, not creating chances, can't control game from centre, not scoring enough goals, poor finishing in the final third etc.

I would have hoped we would have been going mad in December to wrap deals up for targets so come first week of January, boom you've brought in two or three that you desperately need. They get maximum time to gel and impact the first team, help us start winning. I don't get a sense that we are anywhere near a deal for first team players, other than balking at the price of Townsend.

It's like when Pardew upped and left. They apparently didn't have a contingency plan in place because they're utter morons so they ended up sticking with Carver after McClaren said no. You'd think they'd learn but they're not interested in the slightest about external feedback.

Think we might be in for a quiet window if no-one comes in next week.

work being done behind the scenes

won't be held to ransom

no value in the january market

deal wasn't right

happy with the squad he has

returning injured players like new signings

readying targets for the summer