NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Although Berahino would be a massive improvement on what we have attacking wise, the only reason I can see him signing for us is if theres a release clause/written agreement that he can leave if a certain bid is made.

All well and good that others will say that everyone see's us as a stepping stone but I think those here already would be far more commited then he ever will if he does sign.

going for berahino and townsend seems very strange to me like, there's just no way he's going to fit them all in and keep them happy unless he sacrifices players like mitro and perez who have been instrumental in this little upturn in play

Also think it could result in Wiji being shifted from the number 10 role which would be a disaster in my opinion.

Not seen a lot of Berahino to really pass comment but if Remy is supposed to be available for around £7m I'd rather we signed him.

Both tempremental fookers with questionable attitudes but at least with him he's been here before, can play anywhere across the front 3 and would be far more suited to what we're currently trying to do.

going for berahino and townsend seems very strange to me like, there's just no way he's going to fit them all in and keep them happy unless he sacrifices players like mitro and perez who have been instrumental in this little upturn in play

Also think it could result in Wiji being shifted from the number 10 role which would be a disaster in my opinion.

nobody in their right fucking mind would do that like :lol:

i'd imagine the only thing he could do would be drop mitro for berahino and perez for townsend in such a scenario, or rotate things around giving sissoko a break and using perez as gini's cover and so on

it'd not be a bad thing to have so many options but when the focal point of the way the attack works is quite clearly mitrovic it would be a very big gamble to start fucking about with that

'anyone old enough to remember Dyer and Bowyer's handbags will remember what a low point that was' has made me chuckle, like it was 30 years ago

:lol:

So anyone currently over the age of about 20. :mick:

Mitro had a big contribution to our general team play against Man U and West Ham. Berahino is a better finisher but he won't be as involved. Berahino is a penalty taker, which distorts his stats a bit, and of his 14 goals last season, 11 were at home. We need to do better in away games.

Normally this would just be an interesting tactical choice, but we're sitting in the relegation zone and the pressure is on. Since our midfield especially is improving, maybe see how it goes against Watford and then make a decision. Remy would be a snap-their-hands-off no-brainer, of course.

Mitro had a big contribution to our general team play against Man U and West Ham. Berahino is a better finisher but he won't be as involved. Berahino is a penalty taker, which distorts his stats a bit, and of his 14 goals last season, 11 were at home. We need to do better in away games.

Normally this would just be an interesting tactical choice, but we're sitting in the relegation zone and the pressure is on. Since our midfield especially is improving, maybe see how it goes against Watford and then make a decision. Remy would be a snap-their-hands-off no-brainer, of course.

No thanks, I hate everything he represents.  He's had a chance here and couldn't wait to leave so he can rot at Chelsea for all I care.

All a question or how our coaching team can handle problematic players. Berahino could be absolutely huge and exactly what we have been missing for years up front. Pace, power and can create something from nothing. Offers something different to Mitro too but could play alongside him imo.

Like Shelvey and Townsend, if he does come (which I find unlikely) we will be getting a player instantly motivated to play well and get into the euros which is fine in the short term.

I am also worried how this affects Mitro and Ayoze. Barring a change in formation, which in the short term seems unlikely and potentially damaging. Can see perez getting dropped and he could do with a rest imo, that wouldn't be the worst here and there. Mitrovic however is getting better and better, confidence is groeint and is really close to getting some goals imo, think we would knock him back significantly and potentially Cabella and thauvin him.

Berahino and Mitrovic would really remind me of Shearer and Bellamy, especially so since Berahino loves to run the channels.

We would be pretty good on the counter. I'm not sure how they fit the midfield if we play a 4-4-2 but at least we'd have options. Maybe Wijnaldum as an attacking midfielder and we have three CMs in Saivet, Shelvey and Colback? Or if we play with wingers then Wijnaldum partners with Shelvey in the middle?

Berahino and Mitrovic would really remind me of Shearer and Bellamy, especially so since Berahino loves to run the channels.

We would be pretty good on the counter. I'm not sure how they fit the midfield if we play a 4-4-2 but at least we'd have options. Maybe Wijnaldum as an attacking midfielder and we have three CMs in Saivet, Shelvey and Colback? Or if we play with wingers then Wijnaldum partners with Shelvey in the middle?

Likely formation by McClaren would be 4-4-2, Saivet & Shelvey in the middle, Sissoko and Wijnaldum on the wings cutting in/drifting wide throughout the game.

mitro    saido

andros  shelvey    gini      sissoko

dummett  colo  mbemba  janmatt

elliot

neywhere for saivet and perez..

Mitro

Perez                                Berahino

Sissoko          Gini

Shelvey

elliot

:snod:

mitro    saido

elliot

Mitro

Sissoko          Gini

Shelvey

elliot

no townsend?  and NO COLBACK?  what is this madness

colo just woke up in a cold sweat at that formation mind :lol:

mitro    saido

elliot

Mitro

Sissoko          Gini

Shelvey

elliot

colo just woke up in a cold sweat at that formation mind :lol:

Front foot football  :lol:

mitro    saido

elliot

Mitro

Sissoko          Gini

Shelvey

elliot

colo just woke up in a cold sweat at that formation mind [emoji38]

Front foot football  [emoji38]

Get the fucking defib out for Pardiola

I can't see the Berahino signing coming off. If he thinks that Spurs are interested, he'll hold out for them.

If Townsend signs, I'd like to see him used in a freer role rather than stuck out on the wing. I think he and Ayoze would work well together.

It looks like we're after someone who can lead the line, and act as back-up or replacement for Mitro. Despite his physique, Ayoze didn't do all that badly in that role, but we could do with someone bigger. Remy would fit the bill if he's minded to come (which I doubt)

To me one of Townsend or Berahino makes sense then you'd look to get a backup striker in as cover/competition for Mitro.

Thing is as usual they seem to have decided on a new policy of signing 'available' English players of the right age so if they feel they can get both for reasonable money before the new TV deal kicks in then they will.

They'll be sniffing a bargain. Offer cash up front, get him for sub 20m and hope he does well for a season before Citeh come in with a 40m bid.

Especially if WBA aren't playing him, they might well be inclined to take the cash up front as they're not likely to see his value increase now.

Guest palnese

I think the signing of Townsend would be a clear indication that Sissoko is away in the summer

Think Sissoko is off regardless.