NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cannot remember that antz, what happened again?

Anyway was Remy ever disruptive? He didn't want to be here, clearly, but he wasn't a trouble maker afik. He's had his dream move and it's failed for him though, he's 29, he'd probably just have to accept that we're his level.

Remy himself announced he didnt want to play at Liverpool as we had nowt to play for. Said it wasnt worth getting injured or something, the King denied it all like to save his own skin.

Remy was probably right. It's not like we had anything to play for and he was only here on loan.

Not really the point like, not up to the players to decide if they fancy turning up

We were a particularly bad club to play for back then with our only  concern being getting value for money on transfers and avoiding relegation. Can't really blame players for not giving a shit when we clearly didn't ourselves. Maybe it would be different this time round now that we are actually spending money on players and allegedly trying to win something.

Guest Roger Kint

Cannot remember that antz, what happened again?

Anyway was Remy ever disruptive? He didn't want to be here, clearly, but he wasn't a trouble maker afik. He's had his dream move and it's failed for him though, he's 29, he'd probably just have to accept that we're his level.

Remy himself announced he didnt want to play at Liverpool as we had nowt to play for. Said it wasnt worth getting injured or something, the King denied it all like to save his own skin.

Remy was probably right. It's not like we had anything to play for and he was only here on loan.

Not really the point like, not up to the players to decide if they fancy turning up

We were a particularly bad club to play for back then with our only  concern being getting value for money on transfers and avoiding relegation. Can't really blame players for not giving a shit when we clearly didn't ourselves. Maybe it would be different this time round now that we are actually spending money on players and allegedly trying to win something.

:lol: God bless those poor players, must be terrible for them enduring such torrid working conditions and pitiful salaries. Utter madness to expect them to have any self respect at all really.

Perez is a totally different player to Berahino, he's being used more as a midfielder than a striker.

Probably because he is one, becomes increasingly obvious each week that he's an attacking midfielder with excellent technique who is capable of scoring in double figures than a forward IMO.

In any case, good though Perez is, we could really use a pacy striker who can get in behind defences, and Berahino would give us something we haven't got at the moment.

Aye i'm not disagreeing at all, i want Berahino but i obviously want Perez as well. There's no reason why it should have to be an either/or situation.

Perez is a totally different player to Berahino, he's being used more as a midfielder than a striker.

Probably because he is one, becomes increasingly obvious each week that he's an attacking midfielder with excellent technique who is capable of scoring in double figures than a forward IMO.

In any case, good though Perez is, we could really use a pacy striker who can get in behind defences, and Berahino would give us something we haven't got at the moment.

Aye i'm not disagreeing at all, i want Berahino but i obviously want Perez as well. There's no reason why it should have to be an either/or situation.

Yeah, Perez is too good to be sacrificing to bring someone else in. Berahino would add to rather than replace our striking options.

To be honest when a player is being paid to play Football you can absolutely blame them for refusing to play no matter how callous the club might be.

Well our club didn't so that tells you a lot about our aims back then.

Yeah, Perez is too good to be sacrificing to bring someone else in. Berahino would add to rather than replace our striking options.

Aye we basically have Perez and Mitrovic and that's it :lol: No other club in the league would be content with that amount of serviceable forwards or consider only adding one to replace another one.

So was Bellamy.

Bellamy didn't cost £18 million.

Bellamy cost £6.5m in 2001.

I don't have 'average fee' data over the years, so I thought I'd reference the British transfer record instead. At that time Rio Ferdinand was the most expensive British transfer at £29,100,000. Nowadays that record goes to Gareth Bale, at £85,300,000. That is 2.93 times how much Rio cost.

Bellamy's £6.5m * 2.93 = £19,053,265.

So you're right. We shouldn't be paying £18m, we should be paying £19m.

So was Bellamy.

I don't have 'average fee' data over the years, so I thought I'd reference the British transfer record instead. At that time Rio Ferdinand was the most expensive British transfer at £29,100,000. Nowadays that record goes to Gareth Bale, at £85,300,000. That is 2.93 times how much Rio cost.

Was waiting for someone to do that :lol:

So was Bellamy.

Just to add to this, the biggest fee we received for a player in 2001 was when Oldham Athletic splashed out £150k for the highly rated David Beharall. Compare that to the £3.26m we received this season for Davide Santon:

3.26m / 150k = 21.73

Bellamy's £6.5m * 21.73 = £141,250,000.

So as SEMTEX has already elegantly described, Berahino is well worth the reported £18m.