NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No thanks, I hate everything he represents.  He's had a chance here and couldn't wait to leave so he can rot at Chelsea for all I care.

Absolutely spot on, e veryone is going on about Berahino's attitude etc, he is still young and may learn, Remy has proven to everyone he doesn't give a s*** about anything except money.

It shocks me that people think this way about someone who's not done a great deal wrong and could be the difference in staying up and being relegated.

If he was driven by money then he'd have signed for QPR after their first offer and not spurned them on a couple of occasions before finally accepting one that he'd have been stupid to refuse.

The he turned down the chance to join us after his loan move to join the team that went on the become champions. And ?

Most people would have had Cabaye back, myself included, but he done far worse to us than Remy did.

Personally I would rather have someone proven, with a questionable attitude than a kid who's relatively unproven with one.

I really don't think that makes sense like, the fact he had no interest in QPR until they threw big money at him hardly shows that he isn't driven by money.

I know what you are saying but I still think that if he was driven by money he'd have gone to QPR for an extra 5k a week.

If the reports were true he knocked them back 3 times before accepting double the amount we were offering as well as being told he could leave if they went down.

At the end of the day he wanted to come to England, had no affinity to either club, both clubs are struggling and a place apart at the bottom end of the league, one's offering him the chance to play in front of 50 thousand every other week up North, the other is offering him double the wages, London and the chance to leave if it's relegated ?

Being realistic would anyone not do what he did in that situation ?

QPR were bottom on 14 points, we were 16th on 21 points, not a world away but not just one place, QPR looked dead and buried.  No idea what QPR offered him initially or even if they managed to make a real offer up until they hijacked him in London.  As far as I remember Remy actually refused to even speak to them on a couple of occasions.  Might have been no affinity to either club but his preference was very clearly to play here.  That was until he found out they were willing to pay him so much cash.

Don't mind anymore like, not bothered at all even though it was a bit irritating at the time.  But I don't agree that any of his actions show he wasn't primarily money driven.  Even his move to Chelsea was crazy IMO, assuming it was true that Arsenal wanted him at the time he'd have been much better off in Footballing terms going there.  But no doubt Chelsea offered more cash.

Saw an article with Jetro mentioned again, also saw he's back for PSV.

Would be soooo mint! Give width and end product.

Absolutely. Need to bolster the back four and this would be an inspired signing.

I'd be gutted if Perez left, like. He's probably got more potential than Berahino.

He's simply just better than Berahino altogether. Would be mental.

Is he really though?

Think he's a much classier player than Berahino, not as quick like which can be very important in this league.

I'd be gutted if Perez left, like. He's probably got more potential than Berahino.

He's simply just better than Berahino altogether. Would be mental.

Is he really though?

Think he's a much classier player than Berahino, not as quick like which can be very important in this league.

Fair enough. I like Perez, but I certainly think he's overrated on here. Berahino looks a class above to me.

I would choose Perez every time too. Are we certain Berahino will build on his good season and don't let stuff like his attitude get in the way?

Perez is a totally different player to Berahino, he's being used more as a midfielder than a striker.

Probably because he is one, becomes increasingly obvious each week that he's an attacking midfielder with excellent technique who is capable of scoring in double figures than a forward IMO.

Perez is a totally different player to Berahino, he's being used more as a midfielder than a striker.

Probably because he is one, becomes increasingly obvious each week that he's an attacking midfielder with excellent technique who is capable of scoring in double figures than a forward IMO.

Yep.

He can play in pretty much any attacking position, but would say his best is as an attacking midfielder. That position is Wijnaldum's for now though, and I'm not sure a Mitrovic type striker is the best for Perez to play off anyway.

Think he's capable of playing in any advanced attacking position but he's best central as a second striker or #10. Problem is, in his preferred position, Gini is just far superior in that  same position.

In any case, good though Perez is, we could really use a pacy striker who can get in behind defences, and Berahino would give us something we haven't got at the moment.

How is Perez overrated?

He's a good player, but not as good as our lowered expectations make him out to be?

Personally disagree, I mean how I compare him to other players past or present hasn't been effected by the lowering of expectations at the club.

Guest Roger Kint

Cannot remember that antz, what happened again?

Anyway was Remy ever disruptive? He didn't want to be here, clearly, but he wasn't a trouble maker afik. He's had his dream move and it's failed for him though, he's 29, he'd probably just have to accept that we're his level.

Remy himself announced he didnt want to play at Liverpool as we had nowt to play for. Said it wasnt worth getting injured or something, the King denied it all like to save his own skin.

Anyway was Remy ever disruptive? He didn't want to be here, clearly, but he wasn't a trouble maker afik. He's had his dream move and it's failed for him though, he's 29, he'd probably just have to accept that we're his level.

Remy himself announced he didnt want to play at Liverpool as we had nowt to play for. Said it wasnt worth getting injured or something, the King denied it all like to save his own skin.

Remy was probably right. It's not like we had anything to play for and he was only here on loan.

Fair enough. See, I think that our current bang average squad of players has a few good players in it. Some very good. I would class Perez as a good player, nothing more nothing less, but over the past year or so I've seen plenty of comments on here and on Twitter about how he's going to go on and play for team X Y Z. I don't see it personally. I think he's going to be a good premier league player, but not an outstanding top tier player.

Hey... I hope he proves me wrong though and goes on to become a great player for us.

Well its all about opinions but I'd agree with the people who think he looks like a very classy player with massive potential.  I struggle to remember many players we've had who have such a great first touch and his level of technique.  Doesn't mean he's great at everything, but when he takes the ball and turns it just looks so natural, IMO our most talented player especially considering he's only 22.

Guest Roger Kint

Remy was probably right. It's not like we had anything to play for and he was only here on loan.

Not really the point like, not up to the players to decide if they fancy turning up