NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No reason we shouldn't have a player literally waiting to sign as we've got one going out the door.

The moment we knew Cabaye was gone for sure, we should've had the next player signing on the dotted line.

They're all a bunch of c***s and crooks.

You can only do that if the players club wants to sell and the player wants to come

F**k me. What's a scout for?

What utter drivel you 'contribute' to this board.

To "scout" and identify targets.

No reason we shouldn't have a player literally waiting to sign as we've got one going out the door.

The moment we knew Cabaye was gone for sure, we should've had the next player signing on the dotted line.

You can only do that if the players club wants to sell and the player wants to come

:anguish: mad how other clubs manage it tbh

All those clubs below us in the league ???

That doesn't make any sense and is nothing to do with what I said. Not engaging with this discussion tbh

Because, in the main, the clubs who are managing it are buying poorer players than we want, and are below us in the league.

We needed to make signings before Cabaye left, let alone afterwards. We spent no money whatsoever in the summer. These facts seem to have been conveniently forgotten.

Not at all, we do need to make signings clearly. But without them, we still have an alright team at the moment.

We're better than Inter so nee worries.

He'd prob play there though tbh

Privy to Hatem's preferences are we?

Yeah I'm good mates with him

:lol:

Imagine if he left though...

I refuse to entertain that possibility

You sound like Debuchy, and looked what happened to his good mate / lover

Guest bimpy474

How can you defend what is in front of your own eyes ?.

What is in front of my eyes is the club better than it was, league wise, and the player we wanted not wanting (apparently) to join at this time. Simple really.

Would rather we got who we wanted than spunk cash on shite. I'm as disappointed as the next man tbh but am not hysterical.

If we sign no one this window, that will be 18 months without a senior permanent signing come the end of the season.

How can you defend that, you talk about common sense but any fool can see that is mental in this league. It's not a policy of waiting for the right player, it's a policy of waiting for a cheap player.

What is in front of my eyes is the club better than it was, league wise, and the player we wanted not wanting (apparently) to join at this time. Simple really.

Would rather we got who we wanted than spunk cash on s****. I'm as disappointed as the next man tbh but am not hysterical.

If we sign no one this window, that will be 18 months without a senior permanent signing come the end of the season.

How can you defend that, you talk about common sense but any fool can see that is mental in this league. It's not a policy of waiting for the right player, it's a policy of waiting for a cheap player.

Good cheap player, not expensive average player. We really haven't built this squad with crap nor made many mistakes. So what, it'll be 18 months, the side has improved in those 18 months undeniably.

I'd LOVE them to sign someone, but I'd rather wait for the right someone, which they seem to be able to do with some regularity (notwithstanding nowt last summer).

laughable

No, common sense.

Whilst decent theatre (If you like that sort of thing) & a blatant excuse for bone idle plagiaristic journalists, transfer deadline day seems to always throw up this kind of nonsense. Its as if transfer dealings fall into the bracket of neuroscience or quantum mechanics FFS.

You have a scouting network & contacts within the game in order that the players you fancy can be tapped & their availability evaluated so that when the windows open, its simply a case of thrashing out deals between interested parties. deadline day panics being a clear manifestation of the brinkmanship between agents / clubs etc. & the obvious downside to having "short" windows. However, if you have a clued up, experienced & skilled set up, there's no reason why you cant be savvy enough to fill the gaps that need filling.

Assuming we don't get any deals "over the line" by 11pm, this can only be gross incompetence or club policy.

To argue otherwise is either unbelievably naïve or disingenuous.

My monies on a mixture of the two: Incompetence (Kinnear) & club policy (Ashley)

People who cant believe the state we`re in have short memories mind.

Guest bimpy474

Would rather we got who we wanted than spunk cash on s****. I'm as disappointed as the next man tbh but am not hysterical.

Good cheap player, not expensive average player. We really haven't built this squad with crap nor made many mistakes. So what, it'll be 18 months, the side has improved in those 18 months undeniably.

I'd LOVE them to sign someone, but I'd rather wait for the right someone, which they seem to be able to do with some regularity (notwithstanding nowt last summer).

Ashley would have Pardew say that word for word. Honestly i have no idea where to begin. Frankly i'm not going to bother, for it would be pointless if you cannot see what the big picture is.

For me that is, we are an advertising tool for Ashley, no more, no less. We will do enough to stay in the Premiership to keep his outlay a little as possible. He doesn't want to be relegated as that loses the exposure to his jumble sale shops.

But as fans it leaves us with nothing, absolutely nothing to look forward too. And it saddens me you fail accept that or refuse to see it.

We're better than Inter so nee worries.

He'd prob play there though tbh

Privy to Hatem's preferences are we?

Yeah I'm good mates with him

:lol:

Imagine if he left though...

It's not difficult to imagine that happening. If they're looking at best time to sell, return wise, now would be it. In the summer he'll be entering his last year of contract iirc.

Unless they can tie him down to a new contract asap, he'll be on his way this window or next.