NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's not one thing wrong with what he says. 7th or 8th is where we fit in terms of club size, revenue etc but he wants to give it a go to go higher.

Please tell me that you are joking.

You can't possibly believe that it is correct when a manager thinks, and/or says, that 8th is as far as his team can go ?

Just look at how little we spent and the squad we have, if we just broken even in transfer spending with our current scouting set up we could be class, pushing the top 4.

That Spanish centre back with the innacurate long balls has rescinded his contract at Sevilla to join an unnamed Prem club.

Has he been linked with us? Just saw this tweet by a Norwegian journalist that follows La Liga:

Petter Veland ‏@PetterVeland 30s

Official: Sevilla announced 10 min ago that defender Juan Cala rescinded his contract with Sevilla to travel to Premier Leauge. Newcastle?

That Spanish centre back with the innacurate long balls has rescinded his contract at Sevilla to join an unnamed Prem club.

Has he been linked with us? Just saw this tweet by a Norwegian journalist that follows La Liga:

Official: Sevilla announced 10 min ago that defender Juan Cala rescinded his contract with Sevilla to travel to Premier Leauge. Newcastle?

West Brom, perhaps?

Sounds like what a Scouser calls you if he doesn't like you.

Guest bimpy474

Why would a clear out happen ???

It wont, because after a clear out you need to spend money to replace the cleared out players. We wont.

It wont, because after a clear out you need to spend money to replace the cleared out players. We wont.

There shouldn't be a clear out anyway.

Unless we're talking about Obertan, Shola, Gosling ect (or Pardew, Kinnear and Ashley).

Guest bimpy474

There shouldn't be a clear out anyway.

Unless we're talking about Obertan, Shola, Gosling ect (or Pardew, Kinnear and Ashley).

All of the above mate, cleared out by cannon hopefully.

Shearer told talkSPORT: “They’re in a decent position in the league, but they are not going to finish in the top four so the two cups are the only things they had a chance of wining.

“So I don’t get them resting players in those competitions because these are the trophies that the likes of Newcastle need to go for. Resting players in cup competitions I just don’t get.

“It’s not as if they are in Europe and playing 65 games this season. They went out at the first hurdle in the FA Cup, and played three games in the Capital One Cup.

I'm not sure we actually rested any players in the cup, we just went out because Pardew lost the tactical battle. In the FA Cup, embarrassingly to a baby faced rookie who didn't know his arse from his elbow.

Shearer told talkSPORT: “They’re in a decent position in the league, but they are not going to finish in the top four so the two cups are the only things they had a chance of wining.

“So I don’t get them resting players in those competitions because these are the trophies that the likes of Newcastle need to go for. Resting players in cup competitions I just don’t get.

“It’s not as if they are in Europe and playing 65 games this season. They went out at the first hurdle in the FA Cup, and played three games in the Capital One Cup.

I'm not sure we actually rested any players in the cup, we just went out because Pardew lost the tactical battle. In the FA Cup, embarrassingly to a baby faced rookie who didn't know his arse from his elbow.

Bit of both, we rested Krul, Remy and Williamson from the start and the moment we went ahead Pardew handed Cardiff the tactical advantage by taking Gouffran off for Obertan.

There will be no mass-rebuild. It'll be bare minimum.

I know Mike Ashley likes to gamble but he could well be gambling with NUFC's Premier League status if we don't buy quite a few decent players in the Summer. Like I said the other day, he'll risk losing the £70m TV income if he doesn't spend in the Summer.